Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scare Factory - has anyone had any luck getting ahold of them in the last 6 months??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scare Factory - has anyone had any luck getting ahold of them in the last 6 months??

After months of unanswered emails, phone calls, FB messages, etc. I have stopped trying. Has anyone had any luck getting ahold of anyone there or have any advice? I see they are going to St Louis - wonder how they will avoid my questions when I see them in person.

Originally posted by Maryb View Post
    After months of unanswered emails, phone calls, FB messages, etc. I have stopped trying. Has anyone had any luck getting ahold of anyone there or have any advice? I see they are going to St Louis - wonder how they will avoid my questions when I see them in person.
    Go to the show with a cow bell and shame them Game of Thrones style. People complain about this company every year without fail and there is always someone that buys anyway. They can show the coolest shit in the world but if they never deliver whats the point.
    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Here is my official position on Scarefactory. I WILL NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM EVER AGAIN. In my opinion Scarefactory is a very unethical company. Its my understanding they are no longer allowed to exhibit at IAAPA because so many people complained about them. I could be wrong but I don't think I am... if you didn't notice they didn't have a booth there this year. Personally this is an issue I have with Transworld... they should boot him from the show, or at least allow people to file complaints against him.

I have seen with my own two eyes 20 or 30 different companies at IAAPA trying to get their money back, yelling at these people, or mistaken me for them screaming at me. I've had people maybe as many as 100 different people come up to me, email me, call me asking can I help them contact Scarefactory.

How they're still in business I WILL NEVER KNOW!

They screwed me, lied to me, refused to return calls, emails everything. David held onto my money all thru the Halloween season. I walked right up to him at an IAAPA show and said point blank YOU BETTER WRITE ME A CHECK RIGHT NOW otherwise I'm going to stand here and talk to every single person who walks into your booth. He wrote me a check within 1 minute.

I've seen letters he's written people at IAAPA claiming he would pay them after the show... he's called the show floor people at IAAPA over to his booth to run off clients who are mad at him.

It's completely pathetic.

Are their customers who say postive things about them... I guess but I don't know anyone. Almost every single company I know in this industry tell me they will NEVER order from him again, yet some order again, and some don't. I would not nor will I ever suggest anyone order from this deadbeat company.

Order from Unit 70, Gore Galore, Ghost Ride someone just not Scarefactory.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I used to work for this company and sadly nothing surprises me when it comes to Scarefactory
        Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
          I used to work for this company and sadly nothing surprises me when it comes to Scarefactory

So you used to get this from buyers all the time I'm guessing.
          Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

When I was nearby Scarefactory at IAAPA one year they had one person after another screaming at them. For years I've had at least one hundred or more people come to me ripping into me thinking I'm scarefactory. I've had people from all over the World contact me and tell me Scarefactory didn't deliver, won't return calls, took their money shipped nothing, or shipped didn't install or doesn't work the list goes on.

This is by far the WORST company in our industry hands down!!!!

That is my opinion! Could this be switched around who knows but they would need new leadership at the top meaning replace David.

Clearly they have some talent there but they need new leadership or they need to hire someone who can manage the place.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Try credit card dispute.

I got lucky and got all my money back when (play broken record here....no prop..no returned calls nothing) I contacted credit card company and told then what happened. I filled out dispute charges paperwork and included printing things other haunt owners had put here on forums. I got all of my deposit and amount SF billed me in July or Aug.

If someone printed 100 "I will never buy from Scare Factory again" t-shirts for Transworld they would sell out. It is almost like you do not pay your dues in this business until you have a couple SF horror stories under your belt.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Why doesn't Transworld HAA Show ban Scarefactory? All you hear is negative and more negative.

Comment

Why isn't Scarefactory banned at Transworld...

Originally posted by haunter1313 View Post
                  Why doesn't Transworld HAA Show ban Scarefactory? All you hear is negative and more negative.
                  Simple, I would guess, Scarefactory buys up 1/2 of the Dark Zone.

Comment

Why????

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                    So what the heck is the trouble there? Where is the disconnect?
                    Last edited by SAWDUST JONES; 02-20-2017, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Interesting

I recently purchased an animation from Scarefactory. I bought on the November special they were running and while it took a little longer than expected, I received the animatronic in early February. During the process, I had communication with David via email and phone. I had read the negative things about them and was a bit nervous in placing an order but the promo was very good so I went for it. The item arrived in great condition and was solidly palleted. The control board was well put together and was plug and play. From pallet to live in 20 mins.

There was an oversight on the shipping (billing and shipping are in two different states) and when caught, a call to David resolved the issue asap.

My experience was a positive one...perhaps I was lucky.

I have no skin in this game. I am just passing along my experience on the forum as others have.

Jay
                      The Pro Audio Dude
                      Las Vegas, NV
                      Jay (pro audio dude)
                      Las Vegas, NV

Comment

Looks like they are moving to another facility and having a "moving sale" for the month of May.....20% off....I'd really like to get the pipe organ some year but I've heard too many bad stories to ever place an order through them......Probably get one used second hand when I finally decide to get one - aka: have money!....I'd be a nervous mess going through the transaction with them....ZR

Comment

Apparently Scarefactory is at again screwing people, or at least this is what people are claiming. If you have an issue with Scarefactory email me directly or call me. We're going to do a big write up on this company. This has gone on long enough. Apparently Transworld has come up with a new policy where you can fill out complaint forms against companies like Scarefactory. Haunt owners should be careful ordering ANYTHING from this company.

I also heard a rumor that some of their main guys quit recently. This could be the end of Scarefactory. We'll see.
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

too bad they act this way, been looking at the for a few years and never risked ordering
                            all of the bad reviews have kept me away.. now they have a new prop I would really like to have..
                            but what are the chances of them actually doing it ??
                            I would need it for next year 2019, wonder if that is enough in advance LOL

Comment

Clock Costume

I order the Clock costume in Aug and got it in mid Sept... very well boxed but very poor made... it fell apart the first night... none of the straps stayed on ...I'm not a big haunt and paying $2500 for a costume that falls apart the first night doesn't make me happy. not really happy.... Communication wasn't really good , hard to get a hold of them...

Comment

Working...
                              X