Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scare Factory - has anyone had any luck getting ahold of them in the last 6 months??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooo !!!back to the prop I was talking about earlier this year (post above) I ended up contacting David, asked him wrath would the wait time be for real
    if I was to order props for next year.. To my surprise, he answered right away.. said that the ones I like they had extras made up ready to sell...
    after many emails exchanged, I ended up with a great deal from them.. so I sent payment (deposit) asked David to let me know when they are ready to go. I'd send the rest.
    Once they were all paid for, communication was slower, but I did manage to stay in contact .
    I figured , worst, if he doesn't ship in time !! I'll just cancel and reverse charges..
    But he answered his texts and was surprised his shop hadn't given me my tracking info.. he came back minutes later as they had shipped the week before..
    picked them all up yesterday there's a things missing, as I'm sure the guy who packed up the skid forgot to double check..but David replied back and asked for my address within seconds
    so he can get them out the same day..

I'll be sure to let everyone know when it comes in..
    the props I wanted were.
    1- the grave master, this thing is cool... was sure it was electric, but it's all pneumatic, made solid to last.. works perfect ( was missing the lantern) I set up a severed head until I get the lantern.
    2- a double set of animated zombies for that brain smash game.. two zombie's, two catapults, two buckets of brains ( they forgot the brains) he promised to ship right away.

overall, pleased.. was nervous but happy it turned out well.. there's a minor adjustment I need to make on one of the zombies, they use industrial ball joints, one of them
    is binding against another while in motion, just a quick grind with a dremel tool will fix that in a minute..

I hope this is their new way of doing things and that others will get their props..
    here's a few bad cell pics44245477_10157940031687571_2559213085738926080_n.jpg44243061_10157940031697571_8151925013881028608_n.jpg44224999_10157940031692571_707818444401147904_n.jpg

Comment

I'm assuming that is a joke. We didn't order from Scarefactory this year because of this same problem in the past. Visiting with people in St Louis seems like a lot of people have the same story.

Comment

Hi Hauntfarm, not sure if you are referring to my post as being a joke ??? if so, I assure you it's not..
        I have nothing to gain in this, simply posted my experience to give others that are waiting for stuff hope he might make things right..
        As I mentioned, I was worried because I did read about all the negative posts, I had been wanting to buy from them for years but never did out of fear..
        I'm in Canada so if things go bad, it's harder..
        anyways, I took a chance, contacted him and he answered right away each time until it was fully paid and the shipping date got near, then it was slower.
        Since I had a touchy experience earlier that year with another seller, I ended up having to reverse charges to get my prop shipped, I felt safe enough to try the same with them.
        It didn't get to that and he did ship on time as promised..
        I tried again this year with the 30% off deals, but he never replied to my emails.. so no new props from them this coming season for me..
        I do hope others end up getting what they paid for, it's a bad feeling when you pay and the seller doesn't honor their end of things
        Hell I'm still waiting on two sellers to send me props that were ordered last year and one that was ordered black Friday 2017 !!! still waiting..both promised to ship soon..
        I'm going to go email them now since I'm thinking about it

best of luck to everyone still waiting

Comment

I'm making a BOLD prediction RIGHT NOW... Scarefactory will not be at Transworld in 2020. Why? Because I doubt very seriously they will survive between now and then. That is my prediction. Order from them at your OWN RISK!

This is my prediction. They have screwed way to many people for starters. They can't go to IAAPA so that market has been cut off. Their new product at Transworld 2019 was their worst in their entire history.

Just my prediction.
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

BIG NOPE to this scumbag from me. Ordered in January, he failed to deliver. We sent someone to their "factory" 2 weeks ago. Said he'd send a check within 10 days....nope. Lawyers have been involved. I reached out to one of the staff at SF 3 months after the transaction, and he hadn't even heard of my order. Fachman is the biggest liar, and his entire company is built on thin ice.

I have found official court documents that were filed on behalf of amusement parks in the UK and Egypt...if you follow the paper trail, you'll find that Fachman has ripped them off into the hundreds of thousands of dollars! They had the local sheriffs in Columbus lock Fachman and his team out of their own building more than once. They are professional scam artists, and any business they have with professional entertainment industry clients is purely by dumb luck. YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME, MONEY AND ENERGY IF YOU PURSUE ANY TRANSACTION WITH SCARE FACTORY.

I'm in full agreement with Larry - their lineup at Transworld looked absolutely horrendous. I would love to see Unit 70 take over their space in the Dark Zone.

Comment

What does that say about Transworld that they allow them back every year? The money for renting the space is more important?

Comment

I know a few things about Scarefactory but I was asked not to say anything so I won't... let me just say they're under a serious investigation. I would NOT order from Scarefactory. If you do you're taking a serious risk... this is a company that I think is going out of business. I also am predicting they won't be exhibiting at Transworld next year but hey I could be wrong but I'm usually not. Scarefactory in my opinion is the worst company in the history of our entire industry. Again order at your own risk.
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

We gave up on Scarefactory 3 years ago.

Comment

I heard they just lost some lawsuit. Again if you order from this company you're taking a serious risk!!!! ORDER FROM THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Yeah someone told me as well they lost some massive lawsuit. How does Transworld keep allowing this garbage company back? When do haunt owners stop buying or better yet when does Transworld act like they care and boot these guys? New buyers don't know and Transworld allows them to swindle people.

Comment

Originally posted by hauntfarm View Post
                        Yeah someone told me as well they lost some massive lawsuit. How does Transworld keep allowing this garbage company back? When do haunt owners stop buying or better yet when does Transworld act like they care and boot these guys? New buyers don't know and Transworld allows them to swindle people.
                        People will buy from other companies as soon as they start making things as cool as Scarefactory has. If you look over the past 20 yearscwho has made the variety of cool set pieces and props, and giant monsters that they have Year after year? Unit 70 and Distortions are great but SF has been huge for a long time. You look at other vendors at the show and it literally the same stuff year after year. It’s a shame they can’t get their act together because if they did they’d be much bigger and popular.

DA

Comment

When you say hard to get a hold of them you should have said nearly all but impossible. I've never talked to ANYONE who told me they could get in touch with this company in a timely manner.

Scarefactory should be banned from Transworld show one thousand percent. They're bad for the industry, and any orders they do get could go to new companies who do it for the right reasons.

I wouldn't order from Scarefactory if they were the only company in the entire industry. They're simply put that bad. I want everyone to know I say this with some reservation because they have some really good people working there, its their leadership that is the problem not their workers.

I wish their workers well, but honestly most of their workers with the experience have already left. here is hoping some of those people start their own companies and I look forward to supporting them.

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

CHECK THIS OUT... Phone: +1 (614) 759-1707

That is Scarefactory phone number now turned off!

Did they close ???
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                              CHECK THIS OUT... Phone: +1 (614) 759-1707

That is Scarefactory phone number now turned off!

Did they close ???
                              This David number I have 1-614-565-3590

Comment

Dave called me today and explained that they have Internet phone lines and that they "Blew out their t1" and why they have internet up, it takes another guy that comes and reprograms their phone, and that they are waiting for him to show up.
                                Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Working...
                                X