Best Vendors 2017 Transworld - Hauntworld Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Vendors 2017 Transworld - Hauntworld Magazine

Issue 45 we will publish the best of the best vendors 2017.

You can either email me directly your list or post your thoughts here...

Best Animation Collection

Best New Single Animation

Best Silicone Masks

Best Non-Silicone Masks

Best Gory Props

Best Costumes

Best New Product

Best Themed Booth Display

Best Non-Prop/Animation Product

Best Food Product

Best New Company

Best new Special FX

Best Seminar
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

My 2 cents...

Well I see over 30 views and nobody responded yet. So first I'll state my bias up front. I do business with Fright Props, Distortions, & Poison Props every year. Why because they keep turning out a bunch of new stuff every year I like. And they did the same this year.
    Best animation COLLECTION I have to go with Adam and Poison Props. Huge variety of subjects/themes again this year. And they go high , drop from above, rise into the air, fall from ceiling, out of tables, over tables, from behind bushes, out of a well....damn near every possibility! I took home 3 of them.

Best Food product...Cheese curds!

Best New company...Thrill Builders -Serial Thrillers owned by Buck Burdick. I have traded props with Buck before and new he was going to have a booth this year. I walked by his booth several times not knowing the company name yet. I was looking for a "newbies" booth. Something small kind of simple and lacking the wow factor. Had to apologize to Buck for looking for a simple booth! The booth had it all! And passing out 28 page color brochure that looked like somebody who had been supplying for Hollywood for 25 years! Quote from inside his new catalog "WHY CHOOSE US - Aside from being fun to hang around, we consider ourselves to be honest, hardworking and creative. We will work tirelessly to make your operation a success!" Offering all sorts of escape room and .....(drum roll please).........ON-CALL SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then toss in virtual reality, lighting, decorating, gore, and a dozen more pages. www.thrillbuilders.com The booth was over there in Escape room land.

Best special effect: Distortions new 2 actor prop where he cuts off real lady's head right in front of you. Ok so maybe I would add a quick mist spray to it. If I wasn't already taking home their Psycho dude kneeling in chains and the other shocktronic Scream Generator (armless guy runs out at you) I would have had room to haul that one away.

I have to mention: Froggy Fogs Laser Swamp...love it. One probably most people missed -nothing spectacular but I had to have it type thing, Decimated Designs -Scare in a box with 2 buddy boxes. A box with biohazard markings; a video screen that runs a simple program and then a great mist that doesn't soak. The two buddy box parts you string in succession across the room so EVERYONE in room gets misted at once. Without soaking them and ticking off the customer. Also have to mention Agony props...took home a couple of their standard drop panels. Aluminum and steel construction that gives a VERY good bang....$235 each show price. Then of course Doug and crew at Frightprops just keep pumping out the "Must Have" catalog full of "NEW" markings everywhere and a whole new section devoted to escape rooms. And last but not least I have to mention Gore Galores new Bad Seed pumpkin head. Kevin just keeps pumping out new stuff to add to the actormatronic concept. Probably most of you couldn't care less about the pumpkin; but hey; I like it.

Oh yeah; how could I forget Ghost Ride. Ashamed to say I have not bought from them yet in all my years of haunting. But wow did some of those bodies look real! And Scare Products...it was nothing spectacular; but I just had to bring home their new Carcass Cords. They had a version where rats were inter mingled on the intestines like hangings; called "Rat Stringers". Disgustingly beautiful!

Wicked Farmer
    Last edited by wickedfarmer; 03-29-2017, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks Farmer

I appreciate your plug. We look forward to destroying the "no communication" policy that haunts this industry. See what I did there?

Nevermore's ship walk through just blew me away. Loved the sound inside it and the scenic was amazing. People like Riley make me want to be better.

I loved the movement and price point of Beast Crafts skeleton on the pillar. I'm not sure I can live without that one.

I liked Rip City's slime stuff and I heard Froggys Fog had some low lying fog with NO chiller needed? That's awesome.

We didn't leave the booth much. I truly hope everyone had a great show and a successful 2017.

Buck
      ThrillBuilders.com
      Capt.Chaos
      Fear Asylum Haunted House
      Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Best animation

Was waiting to see what others posted for this; but that Electric Crouching Ghoul by Beastcraft is definitely in the running. Looking at putting that without the base but with sound perched up top of one of my 8 x12 shacks just above the exit door. Curious what the fan on it that blows Ghouls hair would do in Froggy Fogs swamp room. I envision air flow blowing up...hitting the tarped roof peak and deflecting down both sides and constantly circulating. Hoping it doesn't affect fog so much that it uncovers Granny lying dead in the back corner.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Originally posted by wickedfarmer View Post
          One probably most people missed -nothing spectacular but I had to have it type thing, Decimated Designs -Scare in a box with 2 buddy boxes. A box with biohazard markings; a video screen that runs a simple program and then a great mist that doesn't soak. The two buddy box parts you string in succession across the room so EVERYONE in room gets misted at once. Without soaking them and ticking off the customer.

Wicked Farmer
          Thanks for the plug! The Scare-In-A-Box was a success this year and we're taking all the feedback to improve the design even more for next year as well as adding new themes, add-on options, and user-customization
          http://www.decimateddesigns.com/

Comment

Working...
          X