Mhc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mhc

We have been considering vending at this show for a few years but after so much negative reactions to this year I think we may hold off. Things have gotten expensive and buyers and vendors seemed pissed. If you went your thoughts?
    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Originally posted by Grimley View Post
    We have been considering vending at this show for a few years but after so much negative reactions to this year I think we may hold off. Things have gotten expensive and buyers and vendors seemed pissed. If you went your thoughts?
    I didn't vend, but a lot of buyers I chatted with were not thrilled with the show. Personally, I found a few great items, but the show floor did seem small. I noticed a lot of vendors were missing that are usually there.

Do you have any more details on why vendors seem pissed?

Also, I think I will skip any of the Friday night events from now on. Last year, we had a terrible experience. This year was a little better, but it still was just not quite worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by remyghost View Post
      I didn't vend, but a lot of buyers I chatted with were not thrilled with the show. Personally, I found a few great items, but the show floor did seem small. I noticed a lot of vendors were missing that are usually there.

Do you have any more details on why vendors seem pissed?

Also, I think I will skip any of the Friday night events from now on. Last year, we had a terrible experience. This year was a little better, but it still was just not quite worth it.
      Are you referring to bus tours or seminars, mixers?
      Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

I'm honestly not sure why this show exists personally. I also can't understand why Hauntcon continued. This industry isn't that big and if you ranked the best tradeshows to attend for a haunt owner MHC and especially Hauntcon would be low on the list. This isn't a knock on MHC I know people are very passionate about the show but how many shows does this industry need? Personally I think they should totally cancel MHC but continue it as like a tour only event with seminars. NO TRADESHOW at all! I would even say there is more value in Monsterpaloza .

Parties, tours and seminars or meetings. Forgot the rest.

Ranking events Haunters should attend... Transworld Haunt Show / St Louis - #2 IAAPA - #3 Amusement Expo but there are tons more like the lighting shows to digital marketing events, or sponsorship shows, to you name it that would be valuable to a haunt owner than doing more of the same just watered down drastically.

Just my two cents.

I think our industry needs to go all in on one show... this goes triple for a separate Escape Room event.
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grimley View Post
          Are you referring to bus tours or seminars, mixers?
          I was referring to the Friday bus tours. It is great to see the haunts, but the tours aren't arranged well. You end up standing around for hours and hours. To be fair, this year did improve a bit. Last year, I swore I would never do it again, but someone who was flying in to go to the show with us really wanted to go.

I really enjoy going to the off season haunts, though.

Comment

I didn't attend MHC myself. The cost of attending the main show coupled with trying to get the haunt ready is enough for us. The main show has gotten so big now there is no reason to attend multiple shows unless the show is totally unique.

Comment

Working...
            X