Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smells

Hi haunters,

can you please share some tips on how you introduced smells to your haunt?

Did you buy some or manufacture them yourself?
    Which smells worked the best for you?

Thanks
    Monsta

Sinister Scents is the originator of smells for your haunted attraction. They have dozens of different smells ranging from Rotting Flesh to Cotton Candy. They also offer different distribution methods like sprays for your actors or sets, fog additive, or scent bags or scent donuts to be used scent cannons to pin point the smell to a small area.

It all really depends on what you're going for. I recommend using the not-so-vile scents in larger areas and the rancid stuff in spray or scent cannons to limit the distribution of the scents as too not make your staff or actors feeling ill after smelling the stuff all night long.

Hope this helps!
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

I've done both. Bought the professional scents and distribution cups and made my own using candle scents. I've decided the foul smells aren't worth it to me. It's like slapping your customers in the face: it might startle them but is it really a good idea? I still use lighter scents like swamp and fresh dirt scents.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfoos View Post
        I've done both. Bought the professional scents and distribution cups and made my own using candle scents. I've decided the foul smells aren't worth it to me. It's like slapping your customers in the face: it might startle them but is it really a good idea? I still use lighter scents like swamp and fresh dirt scents.
        I definitely think they add to the show, but I do agree that the more rancid ones can be too much. In the current show I am working for, we got some of the not-so-vile scents like hospital/boiler room in fog additive and scent donuts to help set the scene and add to the realism. With that we also got some of the rotten/vile stuff in spray form so we can spray certain areas that we want to smell without overpowering the entire attraction and making our actors/staff ill from the smells.

I definitely think they are worth it - They really do add a lot to a show!
        Zach Wiechmann
        www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Froggy Fog sells scents as well. Have you contacted them? Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks for your answers, it helps a lot.

I bought some smelly bait essences in a fishing shop but they are a bit too much for the attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfoos View Post
              This is very interesting! How did you make your own scents? By mixing a couple together? Could you share some of your recipes?

Comment

We bought them from Froggy. They also sell the machines.

Comment

Working...
                X