Fire safety consultant for haunt industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire safety consultant for haunt industry

I want to say I am not pointing any fingers or making accusations in the comments below!!!
    As we all know the haunt industry has no shortage of talented designers, builders and vendors to get a haunt looking amazing. Is there anyone offering certified haunt fire safety consultation to our Industry ? As we all know fire is a major issue that is ever increasing and even after 20 plus yrs of experience never gets any easier !! I have even had fire officials from the same city argue and debate over their own correct code. What are we supposed to do when the people who set the standards and make the rules do not even fully know what is going on ?? This yr I have seen several experienced pro attractions that were inspected and passed on the city level get shut down at the state level. The codes we are give are vague and have so much wiggle room to work against us its scary!! Some haunt planner sheets even contradict them selves on the very same page (example) " No extension cords may be used / make sure all extension cords used are not worn or frayed and are not a trip hazard, No plywood is to be used in maze construction / All plywood and lumber must be treated with fire retardant / do not use fire retardant to treat walls as it creates smoke and fumes when ignited ". Some state fire Marshals offices have already already called for the removal of plywood walls for haunts even if they are used outside !!! lets face it no matter how safe we are or how high were rated everyone is vulnerable !! Who has not got any plywood or rigid foams used in their attractions ? If you do as the laws are interpreted you could be in violation and shut down. My question is if we spend thousands of $$$ dollars looking good would we spend the same money to be safe and legal ? Is there any certified haunt fire safety consultant that can be hired to make us all 100% compliant and uni-formal across the board? Do we as an industry need a service to satisfy this need? Would you hire and ship in a safety consultant as easily as a designer or painter? Is there a market for this service?
    I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Are these things people have told you in your state? What state are you from? I haven't heard of these same issues spring up industry wide so hard to say.

Comment

Working...
    X