No announcement yet.

Valentine's Day themed shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are doing a Valentine's day show, Love Bites, at Akron Haunted Schoolhouse for the first time. We are doing it the weekend before for 2 nights.
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
    sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

It seems like half the industry is doing a Valentine's haunt called Love Bites and all using the same video and promotion. I prefer the days back when Haunted houses were more individual and tried to be unique instead of everybody trying to do the same thing. Does every haunt have the same three girl vampire actresses and vampire icon?

DA
      Last edited by Darkangel; 01-25-2018, 01:06 AM.

Comment

How did everyone do?

Check out this story: https://www.theringer.com/pop-cultur...-haunted-house
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

So here is my Valentines Day report!

We did about 1000 people and I was pretty blown away. The people loved it. Our actors loved it.

Here is what we did and I'm going to give you a GREAT TIP!

I went to Walmart and bought 500 boxes of candy because it was all 50 cents. We gave every girl a box of candy. We had actors dressed in Valentines themes.

People had a wonderful time!

We spend very little on marketing. I think we spent 1000 on snapchat, 2500 on Facebook, sent a couple mass emails, and the main station we use I bought some cheap spots maybe $1000 worth. All in all we spent around 5k. We didn't make a ton of money by no stetch but the actors loved getting together. Our customers had a blast. So I'm pretty happy.

IMG_2038.jpg
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

So here are the events we'll open for going foward:

Christmas
            Valentines
            Scream Break
            Black Out Night

We'll make promotional videos for all of these and SHARE these videos with anyone who signs up with Fear Ticket.

Here is the spring break.

Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

IMG_2297.jpg

We're getting closer. Today or Tonight I'm going hog wild posting pics.

Look out.
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

We're starting a digital marketing company for the haunt industry. You can use our videos. What do you think?\

Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Most of you opened for Christmas last weekend we're opening this weekend. How did it go for anyone who opened?

I'm going to post some pictures of our opening this Saturday. Last year we opened and did around 800 people but this year WE ARE KILLING IT! Yesterday alone we sold nearly 100 tickets. We are doing the marketing different now, and I think we're going to hit 1,200 or more. I'll let you know.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

I'm on pace to do about 1,250 tickets for my Christmas Event. We're doing ONE NIGHT ONLY approach. If anyone wants to know how we advertised our Christmas event let me know.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                        I'm on pace to do about 1,250 tickets for my Christmas Event. We're doing ONE NIGHT ONLY approach. If anyone wants to know how we advertised our Christmas event let me know.

I'll bite. What type of advertising did you do? Thanks!
                        --
                        RED VEIN Haunted House
                        Richmond, VA
                        www.redveinhaunt.com

Comment

Larry,

I'll bite as well. What did you do? You put the idea out there and never followed up.

Comment

My Bad...

Sorry we've been busy to say the least.

So for one I went to all my local radio stations and bought ONLY overnights 6 to 8 weeks out of the event. I had 5 a night over two months. 60 second commercials so with Valentines RIGHT NOW I think we'll have had that commercial run I don't know 300 plus times. As we get really close to the event we'll pick up weekend only spots which are super cheap. In total I advertised across 4 stations and spent maybe 2500.00.

Then on top of that we did mass emails (obviously), we advertised on Snapchat which brought great results. But here is the catch we marketed this event for 2 months and only spent maybe 30 dollars a day promoting it. Slowly reaching everyone. We did some facebook but I'm telling you facebook is overrated now. For our escape rooms we've ditched facebook 110% for Google. I've learned that NO ONE and I mean NO ONE is searching for escape rooms on facebook, they look on google. So we've thrown all of our money into Google and we've quadtroubled our bookings. So on google with the Valentines we bid super cheap on keywords like Krampus because think about it how many people are doing searches for krampus? Its not like buying a car it was so low we could own those keywords. So on google we kept the keywords to the most specific ones and it worked.

We spend very little money.

I think in total we spent about $4000, we attracted around $1000, and on top of that we sold about $3000 in our gift store.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

cost per customer Larry

so valentine you spent $5000 seen 1000 customers $5 per head Christmas spent $4000 seen 1000 customers $4 per head........im sure you see more then 10000 customers doing haunt season so this off season haunts events see less then 10% of costumers.... my question is is it worth doing off season events ??

Comment

Originally posted by tommy g View Post
                                so valentine you spent $5000 seen 1000 customers $5 per head Christmas spent $4000 seen 1000 customers $4 per head........im sure you see more then 10000 customers doing haunt season so this off season haunts events see less then 10% of costumers.... my question is is it worth doing off season events ??
                                It is for us for reasons aside from simply income. It's good for cast retention, etc. It's not going to pay the mortgage, generally speaking.
                                Brett Hays, Director
                                Fear Fair
                                www.fearfair.com

Comment

Working...
                                X