Valentine's Day themed shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tommy,

We charged $25 per person so if we did 1000 people that is $25,000.00 You deduct payroll which I think was around 3 or 4k but with all the decorations we did lets just say 5k.

So in total we spent about 8 to 10k putting on the event. We grossed $25k or right around there. So we made 10 to 15k.

Now yes I would agree with the principal of what you said... is it really worth it. Well I think it is because between Valentines and Christmas we could net 20 to 30k See that is another way to look at it.

IN the winter we're paying $2k or so to keep the building from freezing, better to make something than nothing.

But back to your point this is why I'm not opening for any Friday the 13th's, or St Patricks Day, or any of this other stuff... because its not worth all the hassle.

But if I can make 20k or even 30k for being open two nights it more or less pays for all the expenses you incur during the winter.

Insurance, Heat, rent if you have it, whatever plus it keeps your actors together. My actors had a blast! It was also good for the social meda as we took a lot of photos and uploaded them to our page.

I think its worth it but opening for St Patricks day, or some random Friday the 13th no thanks.

I will say one more thing... unless your building has air condition it would be IMPOSSIBLE to open in the Summer because your actors and customers would boil to death. So I think whatever you do is limited to winter to spring.

Just my two cents.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

thank you Larry

Comment

We are opening for Valentines on Valentines Day. I'm a bit worried because it's really cold. Anyone have history with opening for special events in bad weather?

Comment

It's supposed to be cold here to but what can you do? Just deal with it.

I think we'll end up doing 1000 people so I'm stoked about that.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

• We sold out totally 1000 guests, one night only, 200 3 minute escapes, 300 zombie laser tags, and our escape rooms are BOOKED 110% busiest day we've ever had.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

We did AWESOME ... right at or about 1,000 people.

People loved it. Our gift shop did another $2000 which was great as well!

Larry

IMG_2575.jpgIMG_2572.jpgIMG_2574.jpg
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

Working...
              X