Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to look for carpenters and their pay rate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to look for carpenters and their pay rate?

So where is a good place to find carpenters? Also, what type of pay rate is pretty standard for them?

Thanks in advance,

Jake

One good place to look is your local theatre group. Theatre carpenters have to build all kinds of crazy things. And as for wages sometimes they are cheaper than union because they love the artistic challenge, Mike
    Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

Offstagejobs.com is a good place for theatrical carpenters. If you are looking to build props or set pieces. If you are looking to just build a large space (ie the walls, floor, ect) then I would look up some General Contractors and see who they would use.

Comment

Originally posted by morte615 View Post
        Offstagejobs.com is a good place for theatrical carpenters. If you are looking to build props or set pieces. If you are looking to just build a large space (ie the walls, floor, ect) then I would look up some General Contractors and see who they would use.
        I agree with morte615, using a GC is your best bet. Also it depends on where you are located. Using a theatrical carpenter wouldn’t fly in Chicago for example, any work that will be open to the public needs to be done by a licensed professional.

Comment

You know a good place to post some ads is craigs list or even facebook market place.

There is also websites called MEET UP and you can join groups where people talk about that stuff and introduce yourself.

On my website with applications for actors, we also have section for this very thing as well as techs.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
            You know a good place to post some ads is craigs list or even facebook market place.

There is also websites called MEET UP and you can join groups where people talk about that stuff and introduce yourself.

On my website with applications for actors, we also have section for this very thing as well as techs.

Larry
            Damn, you got everything covered.

Comment

LOL!

I try my best!
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment