Over filming of props at Transworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over filming of props at Transworld

So the Transworld show in St. Louis still has a few hours to go yet on Sunday March 25 2018. People who know me HAVE ALREADY TAGGED ME TWICE ON FACEBOOK with the prop you could not walk by this weekend without someone filming it. You know which one I am talking about! The oversized clown with screaming kid. "Mark you need to get this". Well actually....since people not involved in haunt industry have been showing it to me on facebook BEFORE THE DAMN SHOW IS EVEN OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS EXACTLY WHY I WILL NOT GET IT. It was a damn nice prop. I liked it. But when people come to my haunt this year; the last thing I want to hear is "Oh yeh I saw that on facebook in March. Stepping off soap box now.

Wicked Farmer
    Last edited by wickedfarmer; 03-25-2018, 10:03 AM.

Only the hardcore Halloween guys would probably say that....I bet your average patron wouldn't know.....The majority of folks that see my stuff don't remember what I have from year to year and it's mostly the same stuff!....I didn't think of you when I saw that prop but I must admit I DID think of you @ the .36 mark
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb-0IYYWW04&t=11s
    when they talked about new products for the agri-tainment business utilizing only 2 electric motors so no air lines to run through the field, though I'm sure you had a solution to that years ago.....I also know there's not a snowballs chance you'll give them money again....LOL.....I'd say my take away from all the videos I've watched from this year is the escape room products seem to be dominating all other categories from what I saw....ZR

Comment

Did I think it would stop?

Not a chance. The filming will continue. Probably many reading what I put above will take offense. But being shown that prop via social media BY PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT IN INDUSTRY.......BEFORE SHOW IS EVEN OVER.....says a lot as to how much does get exposed; and industry reveals its hand before opening night of haunt season.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

"I also know there's not a snowballs chance you'll give them money again....LOL....." You know I actually gave those pumpkin guys a good hard look. Would love to put one there with my Poison Pumpkin Descender. They would go together nicely. But I just couldn't get myself to make an order after not getting an order before and no phone calls returned. Now if I were to get call and assurance of delivery........COD.....

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Originally posted by wickedfarmer View Post
          Not a chance. The filming will continue. Probably many reading what I put above will take offense. But being shown that prop via social media BY PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT IN INDUSTRY.......BEFORE SHOW IS EVEN OVER.....says a lot as to how much does get exposed; and industry reveals its hand before opening night of haunt season.
          I sent
          Wicked Farmer
          I suppose that could be true but in my personal experience, the opposite happened....I'm a home haunter so I'd put myself in the "not in the industry" category....Anyway our local Pro haunt had the ScareFactory fireplace that I would look at the web page several times a year and just loved that piece....I went to that haunt 3 consecutive years JUST to see that prop for a few seconds....Kinda felt like meeting a celebrity...I knew what it was before I got there each time but I wanted to see it IN PERSON....So based on my experience, if I was excited enough to send my local haunt a video of a prop I really liked, I'd be ready to pee myself if they posted on facebook sometime that year they got said prop and I'd already be thinking about the trip to their venue to see it in person....That's just one opinion though, other guys might feel differently....BTW, now that the local haunt shut down, I OWN that Scarefactory fireplace to look at any time I want......ZR

Comment

"I also know there's not a snowballs chance you'll give them money again....LOL....." You know I actually gave those pumpkin guys a good hard look. Would love to put one there with my Poison Pumpkin Descender. They would go together nicely. But I just couldn't get myself to make an order after not getting an order before and no phone calls returned. Now if I were to get call and assurance of delivery........COD.....

Wicked Farmer
            I know they posted on their web page a month or 2 ago for the first time ever, they were going to sell their props off the show floor....THAT would have been the time to get one....ZR

Comment

‎Jody Thomas Watkins‎ to Haunter's Hangout

Say goodbye! This is the last time you’ll see IT. (with picture of the prop next to a trailer for hauling IT away.

One of responses NAILS IT! -QUOTE Shawn Carroll--- Ha!! I expect to see it every time I open Facebook for the next two years.

I rest my case LOL!

Wicked Farmer

Comment

‎Jody Thomas Watkins‎ to Haunter's Hangout

Say goodbye! This is the last time you’ll see IT. (with picture of the prop next to a trailer for hauling IT away.

One of responses NAILS IT! -QUOTE Shawn Carroll--- Ha!! I expect to see it every time I open Facebook for the next two years.

I rest my case LOL!

Wicked Farmer
                That's funny!....ZR

Comment

over filming

Mark, what props did you end up getting? Was watching the show videos on YouTube, they had a lot of cool stuff.
                  The Timekeeper
                  Keeping track of how much time you have left...

Comment

The props I got....

I got from the show: One fake hammer and two fake crow bars. I ordered a few items from Distortions. I got half a dozen small things cash and carry from Fright Props. I put in order for several custom pieces from Thrill Builders. But most of my "new props or animatronics" for this year came from trading/buying trips running around the country during winter. I should change name to Wicked Trading Farmer.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Working...
                    X