Hauntworld Home - Halloween Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Royalty Free Haunt Footage? And Lots Of Other Questions...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Royalty Free Haunt Footage? And Lots Of Other Questions... 
    Trying to put together a pitch video presentation for investors and crowd funding channels and I'm searching for footage options (purchase, license, rent, etc). Does anyone have any advice on where to go for this? I have exchanged emails with FearTicket about their marketing materials but I'm a bit in limbo as I don't actually own a haunt to justify purchasing ticket inventory yet. Any advice on this would be helpful as I feel this is my company's official first step in opening our Haunt (If we can't raise the capital we can't open a Haunt).

So now for lots of other questions...

I'm going to purchase some videos I've seen online about starting a Haunt so maybe my answers will be there but since I'm here asking about footage to help fund a haunt, there's one question I'd figure I'd ask:

For a first Year Haunt, would you suggest an open air fair ground lot type set up with modular walls layed out inside a tent...or would you suggest leasing a physical building? Which has the least amount of hurdles in terms of codes and permits? We will be operating in Southern California if that makes any difference.

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by EDITMAN2411; 06-25-2018 at 04:31 AM.

2. Default  
    Are you asking for other haunted houses to provide you with footage of their haunts so you can raise capital for you to start your haunt? For free?
    Jared Layman

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by mindtumor View Post
    Are you asking for other haunted houses to provide you with footage of their haunts so you can raise capital for you to start your haunt? For free?
    This line told me all I needed to know....
    "(If we can't raise the capital we can't open a Haunt)"
    That's all I got to say about that....ZR

4. Default  
    Not at all. I'm curious why you think that's what I'm asking for? I'm not hunting for "free" video assets, I'm looking for "ROYALTY FREE" video assets. That's an industry term we use to describe video and audio assets that we license in order to use. I'm looking to "purchase, license, rent, etc" footage...like I said in my original post.
    Last edited by EDITMAN2411; 06-25-2018 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieRaider View Post
    This line told me all I needed to know....
    "(If we can't raise the capital we can't open a Haunt)"
    That's all I got to say about that....ZR
    This comment was exceptionally helpful. Great community you got here.

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by EDITMAN2411 View Post
    Not at all. I'm curious why you think that's what I'm asking for? I'm not hunting for "free" video assets, I'm looking for "ROYALTY FREE" video assets. That's an industry term we use to describe video and audio assets that we license in order to use. I'm looking to "purchase, license, rent, etc" footage...like I said in my original post.
    Wouldn't sites like IStockPhoto, ShutterStock, ect possibly have the sort of thing you are looking for?

For Example:
    https://www.shutterstock.com/video/c...ns-loop-spooky
    https://www.shutterstock.com/video/c...-through-fence
    Last edited by bobby2003; 06-25-2018 at 07:29 AM.

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by EDITMAN2411 View Post
    You edited your original post. And even now it doesn't mention your industry term "ROYALTY FREE" video assets. However, it does now mention "purchase, license, rent, etc".
    Jared Layman

8. Default  
    You edited your original post. And even now it doesn't mention your industry term "ROYALTY FREE" video assets. However, it does now mention "purchase, license, rent, etc".
    You do understand that the phrase "Royalty Free", which is a standard term used across a wide number of industries, does not imply "Free", but means that usage of that asset is free from license fees for each use after the original purchase, because I don't think you do.

9. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby2003 View Post
    Wouldn't sites like IStockPhoto, ShutterStock, ect possibly have the sort of thing you are looking for?

For Example:

The spots mentioned by bobby2003 would definitely be good places to start. Did you check them out? Is that what you are looking for or something else?

Don’t give up on working on it - everyone had to start somewhere at first, often raising capital. Lots of people around here are happy to discuss.
    Halloween.com since 1994

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby2003 View Post

For Example:
    Yea those are great sources. I have gathered lots of great horror assets through videohive, shutter stock, videezy, and adobe stock. Sadly the one thing that seems to be a bit hard to track down is haunt specific POV customer reacts. Was thinking maybe someone on these boards might know someone who licenses these types of assets.

Thank you though for reaching out in a positive way, it's appreciated!

Thread Information