Midwest Haunters Convention is Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwest Haunters Convention is Moving

IN case you didn't hear MHC is now moving to Chicago. The show will no longer be in Columbus Ohio. Personally I agree it should be moved however I disagree about moving it to Chicago.

The best place for this show is Philly because Philly is close to Baltimore, DC, New York, New Jersey, etc.

IF MHC is about Haunt Tours moving it to Chicago is the WRONG MOVE!

What do you think?

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Is that their goal, haunt tours? I never understood how that show or any show outside of the main haunt show could exist.
    Jared Layman

Comment

I think it's called the MIDWEST Haunters Convention for the expressed reason it's supposed to be in the MIDWEST where the majority of haunts in the US seem to be located. The Chicago area has dozens of professional haunted attractions and this also opens up the Milwaukee, Madison, and Detroit areas for 2-day overnight tours. There was a haunters convention that used to be based out of the Philly Area (Oaks PA) and it was never well attended. This year it went to Atlantic City and I heard there were more vendors than attendees.

Just how many haunts are in the Baltimore, DC, New York, New Jersey, etc are compared to the Chicago area? I'll wager there aren't as many.

And for the record, I am not particularly happy about the move as it's no longer a drivable convention for me. I'll have to spend more to fly and stay if I want to continue to attend, but several people I know are very excited about a major convention coming back to the Chicago area. I guess we'll have to see how it pans out.
      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Good points for sure but let me clarify and comment on a few things you mentioned.

1) The majority of all haunted houses are in the Northeast not the Midwest.

2) Calling it MHC and moving it to say Philly would create I guess a problem but nothing you can't overcome.

3) Chicago doesn't even come close to holiding a candle to Philly. You'll run out of haunts to tour after the first year there.

4) The previous show that happened in Philly was not operated by TW. They didn't have enough funds to operate or promote a show. So basically I'm saying whatever happened there has nothing to do with someone with both marketing and money can accomplish. Philly is the best spot.

5) Getting back to the term MHC... St Louis is as Midwest as Midwest gets. St Louis is 10 times more the Midwest than Chicago, Chicago is more North, St Louis is Middle. Having a show in St Louis and Chicago makes no sense what so ever. None. If you really really really wanted to you could launch a haunt tour to Chicago from STL, or KC, Indy, Memphis, a whole bunch of places. Chicago and St Louis are way to close for two shows. This makes no sense.

6) Personally I don't see the point of the MHC to begin with... I think it should be retired. One takes away from the other there is no need for two shows, furthmore I would prefer just one escape show. I think everything is way to watered down for an industry that many thought wasn't big enough for even ONE SHOW! Hopefully you see my point.

But if there is to be two shows move the second one into the heart of so many haunts you can't imagine... PHILLY!

That is my take.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

The east coast has more haunts than the Midwest I bet.

Allan

Comment

Im sure of that... there are just tons and tons and tons in PA, NY, MA, and NJ. More than anyone can imagine.
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Working...
            X