Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mask Making

Dear fellow haunters,

I’m looking to get into making masks for hobby, to sell on the side for extra cash, and then I’ve made friends with small time haunts so help them out. I’ve never made masks. Never. In my limited research so far I’ve got an idea of what I need. Obviously clay, tools, plaster, paint, and latex or silicon (my preferred choice). What else do I need? YouTube doesn’t have as many tutorials as I thought it would. So where can I learn to make masks? There’s a decent sized liberal arts college in the town I work so I’m gonna take some art classes but I don’t believe they do anything specific to haunts. There was one or two classes on horror movies in the theater department a few semesters ago though. Also where do you get your supplies? What clay do you like? Oil or water clay (just learned there’s a difference today)? I need as much information as I can get? Any tutorial videos will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Swamp Monkey

Hello, I'm not sure if any of this will be of interest you to but I do know that Russ Adams from Escape Design Studios FX is starting up an online mask workshop regarding silicone masks. His class will be online via youtube Live. Also, Casey Love from Casey Love Studios does live streaming classes, as well as Anthony Kosar from Kosart Studios, under his Kosart School. All three of these guys are true artisans and masters of their craft. Hope this info helps and good luck with your mask making endeavors.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost write 13 View Post
      Hello, I'm not sure if any of this will be of interest you to but I do know that Russ Adams from Escape Design Studios FX is starting up an online mask workshop regarding silicone masks. His class will be online via youtube Live. Also, Casey Love from Casey Love Studios does live streaming classes, as well as Anthony Kosar from Kosart Studios, under his Kosart School. All three of these guys are true artisans and masters of their craft. Hope this info helps and good luck with your mask making endeavors.
      Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate it! I’ll look into them. Live stream classes will be a little difficult because my work Shop is a good distance across the yard but I’ll look and see what they have prerecorded or dvds or anything else. Thank you again!

Comment

Look up StiltbeastStudios on youtube....Alan has TONS of videos on making things including masks!....I've learned a lot of things from his videos....ZR

Comment

There is a mask show coming up in August called Mask Fest in Indianapolis you should check it out.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
            There is a mask show coming up in August called Mask Fest in Indianapolis you should check it out.

Larry
            I would honestly love too but I just started a new job back in January here in Louisiana so I won’t have the off time in August but in January 2019 I plan to go to the Halloween expo in New Orleans

Comment

Originally posted by ZombieRaider View Post
              Look up StiltbeastStudios on youtube....Alan has TONS of videos on making things including masks!....I've learned a lot of things from his videos....ZR
              Thanks will do!

Comment

Working...
              X