Hauntworld Home - Halloween Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Gore Galore - Halloween Retail Show

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default  
    You lost me here ...

A few questions for you starting with why would you want a haunt show in January? Explain that one to me tell me the benefits of January? I'd like to hear them.

I can honestly tell you that IAAPA already tried it and it failed. If vendors are producing products up until or near the end of October tell me how is it a benefit to them or buyers to give vendors just say two months for turn around? Furthermore why would haunt owners want to buy stuff 10 months in advance? In other words BUY NOW and sit on all that money for nearly a year. That makes no sense. Now for my haunted house Darkness it makes sense because we're opening for Transworld.

Now speaking of that let me give you some inside information. I placed an order already with Unit 70 for 2019. He can't start on this until November. I probably won't get that order until February. So if I order in AUGUST and can't get it until February tell me how the industry survive that small window for production. It can't be done.

Secondly, you mention getting ripped off in St Louis, seeing tractors and I don't know. LOL

There are tractors in EVERY STATE in America and btw I drive around St Louis a lot since I live here I almost never see a tractor unless I'm at Creepyworld. LOL

Secondly, there isn't a SINGLE convention center in AMERICA that doesn't try to rip off people. I have NEVER personally been charged even 50 cents by the convention center for anything. They bitched about me putting up my booth but guess what I put it up anyway and wasn't charged a cent. We've had this show for 10 years I don't remember ever being charged to plug anything in, or for any other service other than the typical ordering electric or air. So let me put that to rest for you. A lot of people bitch and moan about almost everything but those are also people NOT use to doing tradeshows.

I just did a tradeshow in Vegas and OMG you want to talk about RAPE... I couldn't sit down for a month after having just ONE BOOTH at a TWO day show. You want to talk about rip off do a tradeshow in Vegas, Chicago, New York or LA... you will be raped so hard the could drive a mack truck up your ass. People needs to STOP THEIR crybaby antics when it comes to stuff like this. St Louis isn't ripping off anyone. St Louis convention center renting that place is so cheap you could rent the building cheaper than buying new living room furniture. Try that in UNION HEAVY Chicago never going to happen.

People who run around saying they get ripped off in St Louis by the convention centers are crybabies. I'd say grow up and understand every convention center has cost of doing business and cost of doing business at the St Louis convention center is CHEAP TRUST ME I KNOW more than 99% of the people who go to that show. I've never in my LIFE been to a tradeshow cheaper than St Louis ever. With all that beingi said that doesn't mean there is a mistake or something that generates a massive bill. But I haven't heard of one so far doesn't mean it happens. My point is to typically it is NOT happening and people just like to whine about something.

People need to figure out how to work the system and you learn that from experience.

Car break ins which did NOT happen this year is another story all together. IF that keeps happening I wouldn't do tradeshows here either. I'll call it out as its fair... car break ins big problem, cost of working at the STL convention NOT a problem.

Is St Louis the funnest city on the planet NO!

Do I care if the show moves NOPE!

Larry

PS: I will say that the Arch was totally renovated and finally opened I think haunt owners would like it. Pretty cool went there the other day.

2. Default Larry CHILL! 
    I was trying to lighten up the thread. The ONLY reason I...ME....A FARMER...wants show in Jan. is because on the way down to show I see tractors in fields spreading fertilizer and starting to work ground. I should be home getting everything on the starting line for spring work instead of going to a show. I LISTED WHY JAN. WOULD NEVER WORK FOR INDUSTRY. But for me being a farmer in Michigan Jan. would be SO MUCH BETTER than end of March. I have NEVER been to Transworld all four days of the show TIME FOR A FARMER in March...is like a haunter going aaway in late Sept.

I said "pay no attention I am rambling." Trying to bring some lighter mood into this thread. You seem incapable of that. Looking forward to this whole thread being completely removed.

Wicked Farmer

3. Default  
    WF,

Okay I'm chilling I'm sitting on two giant ice bags. LOL

Hey one of the biggest issues with posting online anywhere is no one actually knows how you say it. I was in no way anything but chill... I was posing a question to you on why you wanted a show in January. That was a question nothing more. In advance I was telling you some points of why I don't think it would work. Nothing more my man!

I was seriously wanting to hear your reasons for it. I talk to a lot of people and hear their stories, idea's, thoughts, concerns, problems. I think I have a lot of insight because of those conversations so lets just assume I was talking to you by phone... that is a question I would have asked you had you made that statement.

Nothing more SO CHILL MAN CHILL! LOL

As for the St Louis thing I thought you were being serious because other people have brought this up in the past. So I thought you were bringing up a legit concern. I've addressed that concern the same way every time with why don't you got do a show in Chicago, Vegas, LA, or hell New York forget about it. There is a cost of doing business and no matter where you go you will experience different LEVELS of what you'd describe as being ripped off. But I again said I could care less if the show moved.

As for the tractor comment I was joking... trying to CHILL MAN! LOL

Larry

4. Default chillin....... 
    Sipping a sweet tea. But; in a few minutes I will be sweating moving walls into the corn field setting up shacks.

Wicked Farmer

5. Default  

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrightner View Post
    Where is your haunt at btw?

Larry
    Well let me get into a little history. I am sixth generation farming here in this township 20 minutes east of Michigan State University and 40 minutes north west of University of Michigan. Interstate 96 came in and took some of the farm in early 1960's. Eighteen years ago I put in a corn maze. Then we haunted the maze one night . Then we split maze and haunted trail. We are one mile from an Interstate 96 interchange in Williamston Michigan.

Wicked Farmer

7. Default  
    It's my understanding that Gore Galore has decided to pull out of his deal with Hauntcon. THis is the right move because our industry doesn't need to be divided. We need one show, our own show without vendors promoting shows that clearly aren't the best show for their business. We all know the best show is the Transworld Haunt Show and I think it best to keep it that way. It's my understanding these people offered deals to several vendors and as I said before everyone is free to do what is best for them. But if anyone really thinks Hauntcon a very TINY haunt show embeded into a retail show is going to help their business WOW that is a stretch to say the lesat in my opinion.

Anyway glad to hear Gore Galore (if this is true) pulled out and will put all his efforts into making new products for haunted house owners at the Transworld show in March.

Side not I hope to see Gore Galore break from the past and make products we've never seen and thrives in 2019.

Larry

8. Default Gore Galore is NOT exhibiting at Hauntcon 2019 
    Larry,
    And anyone and everyone who is interested.
    This will be my only post on this matter. I shouldnt even be on here now. I should be out in the shop getting orders out.
    Gore Galore is not exhibiting at Hauntcon/HPE
    There is so much that went into this decision.
    But Larry, first let me say I really would have appreciated a phone call rather than you calling me out as a Traitor. That was really crossing a line. Jumping to conclusions like so many may have done. Just feeds more negativity and incorrect opinions in an already muddy situation.
    I was honestly driven to do it just to spite viewpoints like that. I don't like being bullied.

Gore Galore is at a moment of major Transition. We have lost almost half our staff this year. first with our Office manager. I will not go into details on that but lets just say it was one of the single best things that could have happened to this company in a long time.
    But it started a drive to make some major changes in my way of thinking, and in what the company does. You will see those changes become evident as time goes on.
    Taking on HauntCon was just a way to shake things up for Gore Galore. Forcing us to think in new ways.

And Hauntcon just popped up at the right time.

Yes, we started working on a small retail line.
    And we will be presenting it at Transworld. It gives us smaller items most anyone can afford. but that is only one small piece of the puzzle.

Gore Galore was also contracted and paid to build an entrance for hauntcon. We are a business. and having many of our expenses offset to build and install an entrance is a paid venture into theming which I personally love to do but dont get to do enough. But I will be hiring out to do more this season.

The fact is Transworld should come first. We have worked with Transworld for 20 years, and Transworld has helped us to become a leader in our market. I respect that. On top of that Jen and I are friends.
    IN most situations, doing hauntcon would have just meant adding another convention to our circuit, but this situation is so much more complicated.
    SO, just avoiding that situation is best.

Plus time is limited, our Plans for Transworld are diverse, and will need every minute we have to prepare for. Lots of theming from a Facade, to individual theming for purchase to display our life size actormatronics.
    That in addition to the fact we are still filling orders. just trying to make our way back from the horrible production spot we have been in this year.
    It has been an even harder year than last year. But I have learned so much, and am applying those lessons to our company to make us bigger, faster, stronger, and smarter.
    Last edited by Gore Galore; 08-14-2018 at 06:17 AM.

Thread Information