Hauntworld Home - Halloween Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Transworld vendor

1. Default Transworld vendor 
    3 or 4 years ago, at Transworld, I remember a booth that had an app where you downloaded their program and then when you pointed your phone at a specific poster or t-shirt, scary things would appear. Something like a 3d chainsaw would come out of a guys stomach.

Sorry for the really vague description, but I'm really old and just thought about it this morning

Thanks for any help on this!

2. Default  
    Got 'em!
    Thanks to Lee at TicketLeap.

3. Default  
    Sounds awesome! It wasn't the guys at Eye Bot was it? I don't remember the chainsaw thing!

4. Default  
    The company is Dark Imaginings. Pretty cool stuff.
    https://www.darkimaginings.com/augme...ity/index.html

5. Default  
    What is the point of the app?

Larry

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrightner View Post
    What is the point of the app?

Larry
    I spoke with the guys from Eye Bot a year or so ago when they showed at Transworld for the first time. From the sounds of it, there's an incentive for guests to purchase the App for $2.00 or something which grants them access to decode or view special effects or video throughout your haunt or queue line.

A more practical application for me would be in an escape room setting. Have various signs/symbols throughout your space and each one give you a different message or video. Think kind of like 13 Ghosts when you can only see the ghosts with the special glasses.

I think it's a really cool concept and can't wait to see how it is refined and applied for different haunt/escape room applications.

Thread Information