Man stabbed at Haunted House - This iis unreal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man stabbed at Haunted House - This iis unreal

This has made national news https://people.com/crime/man-stabbed-haunted-house/ when its gone all the way to People.

Based on what I read it sounds like an actor who works for 13th Floor Entertainment had a real knife which he shouldn't have had. Then he asked a customer to stab their own friend which they did. The customers assumed it was fake because it was given to them by an actor. Horrible situation for sure.

Couple thoughts here... there is NO WAY IN HELL that I actually think even for one second that the 13th Floor Entertainment group told ANY actor this was a good idea. Nor do I believe even for one second that this actor was ever told, asked, or instructed to do this by anyone on their staff. Because only an idiot a total dumbass would have told a person to try this as a scare technique.

This was clearly some rogue actor who did this on their own because if its not there are some serious issues going on at that haunt.

Let me just tell you there is NOTHING you can do if some actor does something rouge which is why you need to constantly have meetings with people, remind them over and over again about what to do and not to do. We had an actor get into with a customer we had to have a meeting. We have meetings constantly. If a customer says something happened and it didn't we still have a meeting.

The toughest job inside your haunt is the ACTOR hands down.

But no one can be 110% in control of their actions, so have lots of meetings, and have lots of people checking up on these people.

I'm making this post to serve as a reminder, and use these articles that you see here TO DISCUSS this with your actors. Use this as an example.

People are super sensitive right now about anything dealing with race, politics, you name it.

I'm glad to hear this person who got stabbed will be okay.

Larry

PS: Hauntworld has a facebook with nearly 550,000 likes. Our site is averaging about 25,000 visitors per day, and that will skyrocket up to over 100,000 per day. Haunt owners or anyone who work in this industry shouldn't be sharing stories like this and actually just hope it goes away. This is why forums are better... but we'll leave it at that. I won't be sharing this story on facebook and I hope you guys don't either. A discussion about rogue actors and how to deal with that should be on forums.
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/woma...205112623.html

This is now on the front page of Yahoo.
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

This seems so far fetched who can believe it? Why would someone think that was a good idea?

Comment

As long as it doesn't end up as a news story on TV that is a good thing. I'm sure it was in Nashville but nationally lets hope it just goes away. I can't even believe an actor would do that but we've seen crazier things before so there ya go! Again to be clear I don't think anyone from Nashville Nightmare management told this person to do that... there just isn't anyway that happened. Just some rouge actor ... we talked to our staff about this story. Showed them the link and reminded them not to do something like this at our haunts.

Here is the reality anything can happen at any haunt at anytime. The good news is in most cases the actual owners of the haunts work at their haunts and keep a good eye of this stuff. When you do that you'll usually have a safe haunt. Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

I keep warning our actors, "when you're playing a murderer or a maniac, NO METHOD ACTING!"
          www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Oh no this isn't good... not good at all!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-haun...174637483.html
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Working...
            X