How Early is to early to open see what Universal is doing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Early is to early to open see what Universal is doing

Universal is opening Horror nights on September 6th. HOLY COW! When is to early to open for the rest of us? Next year has a Friday the 13th keep in mind.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...219-story.html
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

It might be too early for regular haunted houses but it will work out great for Universal. They could probably open even earlier and have a lot of success. Mickey's Not So Scary Christmas Party opens up mid August to huge crowds.

I'm betting HHN could even run more November dates and make good money. I've been told their November nights can be crowded as well. Mickey's Not So Scary Christmas Party opens up mid August to huge crowds.

I've heard speculation that they are opening this early because they expect huge crowds on Friday the 13th anyway and they still want to take advantage of having huge opening day crowds as well.

I went down to Halloween Horror Nights several times last year, both early in the season and late in the season, and it was crowded every time. The only drawback to them being open this early is it will be really hot in the park.
    Jared Layman

Comment

We're going to open ALL OF OUR HAUNTS on September 13th and we're going to try special pricing for September.

CHEAPER see what happens.

We might do 13 dollars a ticket for the opening weekend, then go up to like another number for the following weekend, etc.

Its been a struggle to get people to come in September so its worth a try.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

Already working on our website for 2019. Here are the dates we're going with for Lemp.
        lemp calendar 2019.jpg
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

And Creepyworld
          creepyworld calendar 2019.jpg
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

And Darkness now here is something you should consider... promote everything you're doing YEAR AROUND during October as well. We even sold tickets on our website for Krampus and Valentines all season long.

darkness calendar 2019.jpg
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Why did you decide not to open Friday the 13th in December? We did 1 night only for Krampus last year, but I feel like we have to open Friday the 13th in 2019 (and of course Saturday the 14th). Just curious.
              --
              RED VEIN Haunted House
              Richmond, VA
              www.redveinhaunt.com

Comment

That was a great point. Next Christmas season would everyone considering opening Friday the 13th over that Saturday?

Something to think about for sure!

Comment

Honestly I didn't catch that... hmmm I gotta think that thru!

I truly believe opening for multiple days is a MISTAKE!

Its a special event find the people who want to come and pile them into one night. Saving you money.

I pick Saturday because its the best night for people to go out.

Now I have to re-think here. Thanks for making that point.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                    Now I have to re-think here. Thanks for making that point.

We found that some of our costs (portajohns, insurance, and even marketing in a sense) ended up being more expensive by just opening 1 night than if we opened an entire weekend (Friday and Saturday). So we're definitely opening the 13th and 14th of December. BUT... I'm even thinking of opening up the weekend of the 6th and 7th because last year we partnered with the local Krampusnacht organizers and have created an entire Krampus Week here in our city. It includes a local art gallery hosting a Krampus-themed art display with bands and vendors and then another night there's a Krampus walk down one of the main strips of the city. We can bookend the celebration. We also do a toy drive starting in November and ending at the Krampus walk (we created a large Krampus-themed toy box that we carry around to different events/venues). Seems be getting bigger each year.
                    --
                    RED VEIN Haunted House
                    Richmond, VA
                    www.redveinhaunt.com

Comment

Damn it , Larry. you need a like button on this forum.

<thumbs up>
                      How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

This is actually a great discussion. I'm rethinking everything at this point. Great points! I don't see how anyone can skip Friday the 13th in September. Those who don't like opening early might skip the following weekend or even Saturday the 14th. Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                        X