Hauntworld Home - Halloween Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Timed Ticketing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Nightmare,

That process is cool if you have the space in the parking lot. My main reason for timed ticketing is the get the customers coming in waves to the property to avoid traffic and long waits. We can park 500 cars onsite and we move 900 people per hour. With timed ticketing the customers park and go direct to the reservation line since they print their ticket at home and the total wait is less than 15 minutes.

Our bottle neck is the scanning of the bar codes, even with the fastest scanners we could find this is the point of slow down. Moving the validation process further away from the door resolves this, but opens up more chances for people to rip you off.

I personally don't want people hanging out at my haunt, I want them to get in quick have a great show and leave. We do have a midway with shops, but I don't have places for people to sit and hang out. We make the most money selling tickets, so that is our focus. Even though we do a great bussiness with T-Shirts and food, no where near the profit from tickets.
    Tony Wohlgemuth,
    Comes up with the fun stuff!
    Kersey Valley, Inc.
    www.KerseyValley.com

2. Default  
    Tony, I sent you an email on the subject.

Thanks,

-Joel-

3. Default  
    Is anyone doing timed ticketing this year as a way to control attendance and lines?
    Larry

4. Default  
    Larry,
    We do timed ticketing. It has stopped most of the complaining about line wait. It has been so successful we are changing it to 30 minute intervals from 1 hour.
    It was the best thing we ever did and has been well received by our customers.
    With so many other things to do at the farm, pumpkin patch, corn maze, escape rooms, paintball shooting gallery, zombie paintball, pedal carts, fire pits, tennis ball cannons, pumpkin shooter, food trucks and many other activities, we have customers staying all day AND night to have an all day experience with us. Best thing is theres a 30 minute max wait to get in.

5. Default  
    Im just wondering if you go timed ticketing will you lose a lot of customers who come on a spur of the moment. Do you still sell tickets at the box office?

6. Default  
    we havent had a drop in customers. As a matter of fact our sales have gone up 34% in the 3 years we have been doing it. They dont mind getting a later ticket with all the other activities. They can also get a speed pass if they dont want to wait.
    Greg

7. Default  
    We've been doing timed ticketing for 6 or 7 years and its great. We have 3 main attractions and a big midway and we also employ a bunch of under 18 year old kids so in VA we can't have them work past midnight, so our last customers have to be gone by then. I'm not sure how that would go without a midway. When people get to our attractions and there is a line, even though its only 15 minutes, they still gripe about it.

We use Gatemaster because we didn't want to pay a fee for every ticket and we didn't want to pass that on. We had to come up with a pretty complicated back end for the system, I think it ended up with 52 or 60 different time slots, but it is very simple for the customer. Our line to buy a ticket or check in is still an 1+ hour on busy nights even with 18 cashiers, but wait time for each attraction is 10-15 minutes. the first few years those wait times were 45 minutes to an hour to get into the attraction, after waiting an hour to buy the ticket. I'd rather somebody buying food than waiting in line.

We do 15 minute time slots with about 160 people each, then the next attraction is 45 minutes to an hour after that. 1/2 the people start in the Corn, the other half in the forest, then both groups go to hayride, then to the last attraction. The hayride in theory can take 40 people every 2 minutes so that works out. We don't do any VIP or fast passes.
    Lucas Cox
    Cox Farms
    www.Fieldsoffear.com

8. Default  
    Would any of you recommend using different colored wristbands for the time slots? I'm considering timed ticketing this year, but I think I'd rather just have the time printed on our wristbands and our hayride person checks off the time slot.

Basically...
    - Customer buys ticket online or in person
    - We give them a wristband
    - They get in line for our hayride, which takes them to our haunt (it's not a themed hayride)
    - They get in line for the haunt
    - Queue attendant marks on their wristband (just a check or an X) once they are about to go into the haunt.

Timed ticketing would allow customers to not have to wait in line for the hayride, but they can hang out in our new "entertainment" barn, where we'll have bands or side shows (fire spinners) and food trucks. We'd call the next time slot every 30 minutes and they can then get in line for the hayride.
    Last edited by RedVeinHaunt; 07-22-2018 at 07:09 PM.
    --
    RED VEIN Haunted House
    Richmond, VA
    www.redveinhaunt.com

9. Default  
    We used different colored wristbands since we began timed ticketing. This year we are switching to a printed scanned ticket system which will be less confusing for our ticket booth personnel.

10. Default "Surge" pricing 
    Anyone doing surge pricing? In that I mean you have your regular pricing, then the busy days: last weekend, days before and Halloween, you have an increase of say $5.00 for all ticket types.

I feel this is an alternative to an across the board price increase. It could also help drive some traffic to the earlier days and ease up the busy days.

If people find it necessary to be there Halloween week, they pay a premium.

If you like this alternative, which ticketing systems would it work best with??
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Thread Information