This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Rules 2011

Hauntworld welcomes all views on all subjects, opposing views and supportive views. Hauntworld feels the best way to grow your business is to learn all angles and to keep all options open while keeping an open mind. With all of this being said Fright Forum has a few rules that must be followed.

1) Do not hijack a thread. In other words if the thread is about cob web guns don't start talking about your dog, a joke you heard that day, or start to insult another user. Any threads started that involve professional haunted houses, home haunts, Halloween events, how to, or whatever must stay on topic. If you wish to start a different thread talking about different subject start your own thread. All posts off topic will be deleted.

2) Your views are valued, however if your opinions are to insult other users they will be deleted and your account could be removed. If your views are to undermine the industry, vendors, or other haunts without basis of fact your posts will be removed and your account can be deleted.

3) Extreme Profanity is not allowed nor is discussions about sex, sexual jokes, or making fun of another users appearance. You posts can be removed and your account could be removed from the system.

4) Threats of violence against another user will be grounds for your account to be deleted.

5) If you have a view that is opposing to another user, even the moderator of this forum, make your case without making personal comments about the user you are responding to. In other words you can share your view, and state why you feel you are right and the other person is wrong without personal insults directed to the person you are speaking to. Do not make your posts personal in nature.

6) No posting photos or videos that are sexual or offensive to users.

7) Do not post spam on these message boards or promotional posts about products that are not haunt related.

8) Do not spam users email accounts. A report on this nature from another user could have you removed from our system.

9) Links, promotions, or mentions of other message boards, user groups, chat rooms, magazines or potentially competing websites are not allowed without permission of Hauntworld.com. You are not allowed to post links to other sites which are primary to chats and forums or haunt sites selling advertisements.

10) You are NOT allowed to post about another users personal problems, lawsuits, family, legal issues or make personal attacks towards someone that insults them personally. You can discuss issues or differences between yourself and another user as long as it relates to haunted houses. These forums are not to be used to promote anything negative that happens to other haunt owners.

11) The forums are for the Halloween and Haunted House industry try to keep all topics along these lines.

12) Your signature box can only include one image, no animation, and only ONE link to your website. Do NOT post more than one link in your signature box and it can not be a link to a competing website.

13) All posts are subject to removal.

14) We do NOT view every thread and if you feel your business or person is being attacked unfair you must take it upon yourself to alert us otherwise we are not responsible for what people say or do. Email darkrides@sbcglobal.net

15) Do NOT attack a vendor or business for no reason and you must leave your real name in any email where you are posting about a bad experience with a vendor. You may also be asked to leave a phone number and email address so that vendor may contact you especially in the case of a misunderstanding.

We understand with any message board community, there are flare ups from time to time, but again try not to make them personal in nature.

Sincerely,
    Hauntworld.com
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Thanks Larry for this posting.

I’m a new regular user on here using this site to gather information in hops to further my business success. But its sometimes frustrating to have to read though so much crap about, "how old a user is because another user doesn’t believe him" and reading how someone doesn’t like this site because XYZ. Well if you don’t like this site then don't use it. If is clear to you that someone is not on the up and up about what there saying. Then it’s probably just as clear to everyone ells. So just leave the personal opinions out of the professional talk.

Also thank you for your hard work on giving all of us a place to go when we need help or info on an item or project.

Marc East
    The Parker House Haunted Attraction
    Lewisville, TX.

Comment

I agree with all the rules except 1. That one is kinda iffy. OH well. Vincent This Time!
      Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

I like the rules. Rules such as Larry has outlined can help limit the drama too.

Comment

Nothing can limit "Drama". It's a basic human emotional condition that happens sometimes when we least expect or plan for it to happen.
          Watch the body language, notice the eyes changing, tonal changes in the voice, be ready to run away!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I HAVE AN ELEVATED HUMAN EMOTION RIGHT NOW!!!!! But seriously Jim is right. Vincent This Time!
            Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

Originally posted by Manfred_Kreuzwirth
              Perceptions of research, science and technology in Asia are frequentlywow gold dominated by images of imitation, reverse.In terms of deaths caused by various forms of cancer, lung cancer ranks second only to Breast Cancer. The National Cancer Institute recently reported that an estimated 172,570 new cases of lung cancer will be reported this year and that 163,510 American will die from this disease.Lung cancer is caused predominantly by smoking. One expert says that in the case of Small Cell Lung Carcinoma (cancer), it is almost always caused by smoking.wow gold.
              Obviously didn't read number 7...
              http://www.bigscaryshow.com
              http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

I promise I will behave. I have to this is one of the few places I'm still allowed to go to. Im so misunderstood
                I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Wax Sculptor View Post
                  I promise I will behave. I have to this is one of the few places I'm still allowed to go to. Im so misunderstood
                  Ahahahahahaha! We're in the same boat there! Even the movie theaters don't want me anymore....It's not my fault I went there on Halloween dressed just like PeeWee Herman :P I have no idea what I'm doing wrong....

Comment

Profile Questions

Hello all,

I have really enjoyed reading and replying to the forums. I had a few questions I was wondering about.

The first question is how to you advance from Junior Member to the next levels?
                    The second question was when I added a second album to my profile the preview photo does not show. What can I do to fix this?
                    Please let me know.

Thank You,
                    Robert Travis
                    Scenic Art Productions
                    (904) 505-7979
                    ScenicArtProductions@Yahoo.COM

Comment

member level is based on # of posts.

Comment

Thank You

Thank you HauntedPaws for the answer. I had a feeling that was the case. Since then I had figured out the album photo problem. Sorry, new to this.

Thank You,
                        Robert Travis
                        Scenic Art Productions
                        ScenicArtProductions@Yahoo.COM

Comment

If you are a vendor and not a supporter of Hauntworld Magazine please do NOT spam our website with endless self promotions about your company, sales, links to your online stores and more. We appreciate updates from all vendors supporters of the magazine and not but an excess of self promotion will result in your account being deleted. Thanks
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President
                          www.HalloweenProductions.com
                          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Hi Dr. Frightener,

I'm receiving constant Malware alerts from my anti-virus when I visit the forums now. I never received these before today.

Just an FYI.

Toothpaste

Comment

Working...
                            X