First Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

* Atmosphere of course
    * Im a sucker for big archways that make you feel like you are entering something in an "abandon all hope ye who enter here" kinda way
    * support staff in tshirts and jeans (the grim reaper should not help me park, it weakens the job the actors do if there are half ass costumes all over the place)
    *Que line/ entertainment for the grounds
    *good looking stilt walkers
    * a professional logo (not just the name in drippy scary font #2)

With out repeating others, thats my list
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Awesome feedback as always. Thanks for participating in this thread everyone!

Kel
      sigpic
      Kelly Allen
      Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
      www.RaycliffManor.com
      www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Spookywoods - Wow the customer

Hi Kel,

Sorry for the delayed reply, I always make an effort to reply to your posts.

My goal is to WOW the customer before the even get to the haunt location. I do this through interaction with our fans through our social media, newsletters, feedback forum and IM. One example of how I wow the customer just happened this week. I run contests for a free ticket through our social media accounts that I started this week. I had a winner that I found out was getting married soon by her tag line she had on her profile. I decided to give her two VIP tickets instead of one general admission ticket as an early wedding gift from Spookywoods. This wowed the customer and come to find out she is getting married on Halloween! She is now planning on making Spookywoods the reception with lots of family and friends!

The customer knows in the first few seconds of seeing our attraction from the street that they have arrived at an event!

Professional signage, parking lot staff in costume and trained in customer service. Our midway is themed as Ghost Town and special effects lights entertaining the crowds with our DJ above them from our two story entry facade. The DJ shooting T-Shirts with air cannon into the crowd is a sign of excitement. We employ County Sherriff and security personnel insuring guest safety with metal detectors at entry points, this portrays a professional operation as well as just good sense.

Our best actors are stalking the ticketing and waiting areas. The ticket booth area is themed in great detail. The staff selling tickets are the up most professionals dressed in Spookywoods button down shirts that glow in the black light. The ticketing employees are tellers at the local bank that are trained to those standards we strive for. The tickets print up through the counter in front of the guest and are handed a latex wrist band with our website and tag line with each ticket. Not only does the ticketing technology blow their mind for a haunt, but they also get a free gift. We have two scares that each of the 5 ticket window staff can activate to scare the customers before the even purchase a ticket.

Every staff member that interacts with the guest is trained in customer service. The midway shops are designed to encourage window shopping just by walking by them. I could go on and on with details, but overall your first impressions start way before they get to your location by your interaction through web design, news letter, social media and our phone center. When customers call us they are talking to a seasoned staff member on location that knows every detail about our event.

Of course all the other things on your list are important, but I just wanted to shed light on what no one else mentioned.

Just my .002

Tony Wohlgemuth,
        Comes up with the fun stuff!
        Kersey Valley, Inc.
        www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Tony, you have it so covered! I would love to make it out there some time to see your event! Thanks for freely sharing all your tips my friend!

Kel
          sigpic
          Kelly Allen
          Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
          www.RaycliffManor.com
          www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
          www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Very "Professional" Tony.

When a customer talks to any employee here , they are usually asking for a date, or vice/versa.
            Sometimes I am "psychic", did you used to work for an airline?
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I agree, a kickass facade and Q line really pumps up your customers for the night. Music out front helps people get in the mood also.

As a Q-Line actor i usually try to steer clear of customers and focus my attention elsewhere untill that ticket is securely in a buyers hand, then all bets are off and they are fair game, or, i wait untill they are also so deep into the ticket line they wont chicken out.
              “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

Working...
              X