People Where Are You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks great Brad! I love that venue.

When I first glanced at the photo I thought you had made a traditional stud frame at 24" on center, then I realized those are 4X8 frames.

How are you connecting them? All I've ever done is pre-make the entire panel so the panels have to be joined along the horizontal tops, not on the sides.

I'm just curious how you're connecting for easy tear down?

The good part about working in Shreveport this time of year are the mild temps.
    Last edited by Twin Locusts; 06-30-2009, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Making more bones June 22, 2009

Here's another pic of me from last week making bones for the Grim Reaper figures. I'm doing my best Anthony Bourdain face here, especially for the enjoyment of Twin Locusts.

" Hey Tom, Can I have some more HAM with that????? "

Only a coupla' hundred to go Eric!

Tom.
      Attached Files
      www.HauntedOverload.com

Comment

Originally posted by Twin Locusts View Post
        It looks great Brad! I love that venue.

When I first glanced at the photo I thought you had made a traditional stud frame at 24" on center, then I realized those are 4X8 frames.

How are you connecting them? All I've ever done is pre-make the entire panel so the panels have to be joined along the horizontal tops, not on the sides.

I'm just curious how you're connecting for easy tear down?

The good part about working in Shreveport this time of year are the mild temps.
        Thanks man!

As far as design, we were originally going to build many 4x8 frames, and connect them together on the sides with screws and then from the top with boards connecting them together. Then we decided that for the longer walls, we would build 8x8 sections. This would cut down a lot on cutting wood, save us on some screws, and we'll have an easier time moving them around.

We are setting up all of the frames with a plywood sheet here and there for support. Later, we wil come in and mount all of the plywood panels. The floor is not perfectly flat, so we will have to trim a piece here and there.

Once I get back in town, I will start decorating the rooms, so I will be showing off some pics of the set design.
        Brad Bowen
        Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
        www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Seriously Tom. Seriously.

Comment

Lol!

That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time! Good retouching job Twin Locusts! Tom knew you would get a kick out of it so he posed that way.
            The Hauntworld t shirt makes it even more entertaining.

Thanks for the laugh from both of you.

Eric
            www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Long lost twins?

Neil

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

.....bump.....

Comment

Working...
                X