Emergency Station Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Station Anyone?

My Fire Dept and Ambulance service along with Graystone Manor is adding a in house emergency station. Does anyone have one? We keep an ambulance on the property during the times where open. Now we will be able to take them to the station where they can preform basic emergency medical care without having to transport them to the hospital there at the Manor.

If the emergency is bad enough and requires futher services the ambulance will then take them on to the hospital. It will look like the inside of a basic emergency clinic. Does anyone have anything like this and whats your thoughts. Shane and its yes they are EMT's and Paramedics! Shane this time.
    sigpic

My park, SCREAMS has a first aid station. we have four or five EMT's onsite and they can handle quite a bit before we need to call an ambulance. I think from a liability standpoint its a great idea.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks Allen

We have always kept an ambulance on site. By doing the in house first aid station we will be able to keep the ambulance open in case there is a more serious injury. Shane and it no I am not Doctor! Shane this time.
      sigpic

Comment

What all did you have to do to get them to do this Shane? I would like to know. It is a good idea. Is it something you have to pay them for or were you able to get them to volunteer off duty? Other than for use of the ambulance in case of an emergency.
        Damon
        Damon Carson

Comment

I think its a good idea however we hardly if ever have a need for such a thing. We've never had anything more than a cut or a bruise. KNOCK ON WOOD!!!! However you just never know I guess.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Always

a good idea to minimize your risk, tho...ANYTHING can and will happen in some of the best death traps.

Comment

Shane and Damon. At Fearfest all of our security guards are Boone County fire fighters and paramedics. We use our security office for a first aid station for minor bumps and bruises.
              The paramedics treat all nonemergency issues and we have the customer sign a treatment refusal form saying they are refusing medical attention.
              The firefighters always have their radios on and in the event of a major emergency they can contact the station just down the street for an ambulance or the police. The only time we had to call an ambulance was when a young girl needed her inhaler and realized she had left it at home.
              Damon, I would check into the fire department as security guards. It makes the fire marshall feel better knowing his men are on the premisses and gives you a sense of security knowing in the event of an emergency you have the professionals there to assist you in any way they can and they are a great bunch of guys and gals willing to help you.
              Greg
              Fearfest
              Greg Allen
              scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
              www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Damon

They actually came to us with the suggestion. We gave them the space and they are taking care of all the construction. Its a good way to keep from tying up the ambulance. Like Larry I have never had anything over a minor scrape here and there and hope never will. Shane and its stitches anyone? Shane this time.
                sigpic

Comment

We do first aid on site generally, or in the actors room, depends on the severity. We can get a ambulance on site in just a few minutes, though we don't have one in the parking lot at all times.

Since 04 we've had a bus come in twice, both with actors, both in a similar place, both actors were doing something they DEFINITELY shouldn't have been doing and very much knew better. Just so everyone can get a good laugh, the one actor decided to try jumping across a handrail while wearing a legit straight jacket. It wouldn't have been so bad, had his foot not caught the handrail, causing him to fall onto the walkway with nothing to break his fall. Thankfully he wasn't permanently injured, had a sore back for a few weeks.

Every member of our staff, security, maintenance and zone managers all carry a pair of nitrile gloves, every night. As a bonus we have male nurse on staff as well. In fact, he bandaged me up enough to get me to the ER last year when I was (incredibly dumb) with a utility knife, putting a 2" long by 3/4" deep gash in my thigh. Went to the ER, got stitched up and made it back about 15 minutes after we opened. I'm still shocked, walked into the ER at 6:30 on a Friday night and it was EMPTY. In and out in less than an hour! Chicks dig scars
                  -Brandon Kelm
                  Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X