opening new haunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opening new haunt

I would like to open a new haunt and have worked on my plan for some time now does anyone have advice on how to make trees and vines look real

for the record,
    this is a terrible name for this thread.
    I like to use carpet padding for trees, take a soldering iron and carve the bark in it. Do it outside and perhaps with a respirator, then paint dark brown and drybrush with light gray. I recently did a ton of vines for a pumpkin patch. I took a roll of commercial paper towels (the brown ones like from a restroom dispenser non segmented) and mixed Elastomeric roof coating and latex paint (green in my case, most likely brown for you) and ran the towel strand through my mix and twisted and bunched it as it came out, then I hung it to dry in a way that it does not touch itself.
    I considered sprinkling some peat moss onto it but I decided against it, you might want to.
    Good luck,
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

It depends what kind of look you are going for, old and dead, lively and green, dark and spooky, etc, and most importantly your budget and available tools ;3

Also Allen, did you ever get a final picture of your pumpkin patch? It looked so amazing when you were just making the pumpkins x3

Comment

We used garden hoses with brown pigmented latex for vines. We scavenged fake plants at thrift stores and yard sales to get the leaves.

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

question to follow up

what do you do about fire issues? This year the local fire marshal made me take all my fake trees out of the haunt because I couldn't get enough fire retardant on each individual leaf etc.

Comment

Working...
          X