No announcement yet.

Tickets On Sale Now Check It Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NONE of these events are really that expensive at all. I can't imagine those prices keeping people from attending. It could be that there is nothing to do and then you wouldn't have to worry about attending something. But then again you would all just cry about that too.
    Jared Layman

Comment

No offense but if you really spent $25.000 on this party let me ask you this? Do you really plan on doing this next year? That is if the Haunted Attractions show stays in St. Louis. Which it more than likely will. It sounds like a losing proposition. Thats great you did it for this year. But I dont see you continuing I dont care how many dvds your able to sell. Im sure last years party was much more affordable. But its your money.
      Good luck,
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

Damon

No offence I have always been one to back up what I say I never saying thing I can't prove and have proven statments on one than more ocassions. Anyway I will be more than happy to fax or email you or anyone cancelled checks the biggest being the $17,000.00 to the Ren Grand if for one minute you dought me or feel free to call Katie at the Ren Grand and tell her I gave you permission to call and ask what a party like mine is costing that should clear up any of your questions if you don't believe me which by your post you don't. I should not care but one of my biggest pet peevs one which I will fight over is for someone to make me out of a lie!

The DVD's has nothing to do with covering the party are you kidding? I had several ask for them and I am delivering plain and simply on the DVD thing. In reality if I cant get 70 to 75% of my money back yes I will scale back this party big time. If I can get at that much back yeah its worth the loss because in the future it will get bigger and bigger. Again people that don't take chances never find out. Instead of being like your neighbor and being negative why not do as Larry says and support everyting.

I know you have long been a big fan of Larry's and always looked to him as a mentor and there damn sure is not anything wrong with that. Again take his advice and don't be negative or trying to disprove or disbelieve anything someones says. If you go to the show and want it to grow support it better yet hell do like many of us has and shell out some of your own cash to help make it better and grow bigger. It's real easy to talk about it and down it when its not your money involved. I am thankful to God that I am able to take this gamble. Better yet buy a ticket and see for yourself. Shane and its put your money where your mouth is. TransWorld 2010 will be the best yet! Shane this time.

P.S. Yes it is my money and I am taking my part to help the Industry continue.
        Last edited by graystone; 02-02-2010, 11:31 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Shane sorry if you took offense but really I didnt say or was implying you did'nt spend that much. It just seemed like a phenomenal price compaired to what you might have paid last year. Thats great your willing to spend that kind of money. More power to you. I do plan on spending money there. I do every year. Even when it was in Chicago. But for that price I still dont know why its still a cash bar and you didnt get a free nights stay! LOL!
          Take care,
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

Damon

I understand I could have added $20.00 and had the drink tab covered but I did not see adding the additional money for the ones who do not drink. I don't drink myself but just because I don't does not mean others don't and so fourth. I did not have the option to offer two seperate tickets. Also I did not want the price over $85.00 I really did not want it over $55.00 or so but with all the expenses it was just not realistic.They did assure me that the drinks would be better priced at the party than what it would cost at the hotel bar and what that means I don't know as I have never bought a drink in my life and don't know what they cost.

Last year it was at Jakes Steaks and did not cost anything but it was a small place and some did not get to eat because there was no room also everyone at at different times bla,bla,bla, this way it will be funner and you can eat and drink all night in one place. Shane and its either way everyone will have a blast! Shane this time.
            Last edited by graystone; 02-02-2010, 02:13 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Hey guys all the name calling is un-called for okay! Everyone has opinions on what something is worth or isn't worth and none of us have to agree with anyone elses opinions. I know I don't always agree with everyone else either... but we don't have to call people 'losers' or whatever.

Those posts have been removed! I am one who believes that most haunters do NOT VALUE educational materials, events, and experiences nearly enough! Some wonder why one haunt is blowing away the next haunt or your haunt when you think you have a better haunt... blah, blah!

I can almost always tell you why... you don't value education! You must be a good business person, understanding its more than just props and bloody actors. You should run your haunt like a movie studio releases a film... it takes good images, trailers, website, marketing, promotions, pr you do all of that before one person sees the movie. So see your haunt is secondary to the business side of being a success.

What I don't and NEVER will understand is how some haunt owners put high value on some new big prop, and don't second guess the purchase but won't spend an equal amount of money on their logos, websites, or even make top notch t-shirts for their staff who works the doors.

My haunt tour is an educational experience you get to see, touch, experience, learn new idea's and what is the real value of that? You need to decide and for those who think $50.00 is too much then you in my opinion don't understand business.

How much is a magazine worth, how much is one article worth, one idea, one anything that helps you become a better designer, business person, operational person or whatever... how much?

If you ask me there is NO amount too high if its worth it to me and my business... if I can use that information to advance myself and use that information to make more money, grown my business or do things better its worth every penny!

To listen to the constant gripes about how much something costs and how its outragous... we never hear 'hey that giant monster prop cost to much' we only hear it about magazines, videos, tours, website design, logo design, seminars, and so on and so forth... all of which are more important to your business than buying that giant monster prop.

Me personally I'm sick and tired of hearing about how something was a rip off because the lines are too long, the actors sucked, a bus got lost, the food wasn't good enough, not enough or one thing or another, it could be better therefore wasn't worth it...

Instead of being a critic try doing something yourself... put yourself out on a limb then you can say from experience you know what you are talking about. Try doing what Shane is doing, or I dare you to try and do what I tried to do last year or this year. Its not easy, its stressful, and very draining to hear all the complaints.

You know haunt tours are off season, you know these are peoples pride and joys, you know they are doing their best, you know Shane isn't going to make a killing for his event, and even if he did who cares... where in business does it say you must do something for free?

Open your haunt this season for free... yeah let me see that one!

Look if you've ever wondered why more good things don't happen in this industry these are the reasons why... who would ever want to put themselves through this type of ridicule?

Some people should be thankful that there are those who post photos of their work, offer you glimpses into their world, answer questions, throw out idea's and love to communicate!

Lets not lose that vital role over our egos! Bottom line if you want to go to Shanes even go if you don't then don't.. but don't whine about it and please don't whine after the fact either if something doesn't go just right!

If there is one thing I know about haunters... we are do it yourselfers... right???? We try and then we try again... we never quit and we eventually succeed! Where we have been told many times before we can't we always show that we can and if that wasn't the case we wouldn't be here! True?

So don't squash that spirit we all have so deep down inside of us!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry

Well said man! Shane and its THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT! Shane this time.
                sigpic

Comment

Back To The Prizes

Ok next up we have Creepy Collections they are donating a body bag and one of their all new zombie heads this is a $500.00 value! Thanks Jerry for your support! Shane and its stay tuned! Shane this time.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok Now Lets....

Talk about the costume contest that will be held at the party. I have got 3 very well known and experienced judges that will be judging the party.

1- Ben Armstrong owner Netherworld Haunted House

2- Kevin Alvey owner of Gore Galore

3- Bobbie Weiner owner of Bloody Mary

Just like the Vendors I can't Thank these guys enough for their support. The costume contest will start at 11:00pm so if your staying close to the hotel where the party is you can come and mingle as yourself then leave and come back as your alter ego for the contest also feel free to come already dressed its whatever you want to do! The prizes are as follows...

1st $500.00 cash

2nd $300.00 cash

3rd $200.00 cash

Shane and its more prizes to come! Shane this time.

http://www.graystonemanor.net To Purchase Tickets!
                    sigpic

Comment

Shane, I am really looking forward to attending your party this year. I really enjoyed your event last year, but… seeing how much effort you have put into organizing this years' gathering, I’m sure that it is going to be even more fun! How can anyone argue with this impressive line-up?…

- All you can eat food (with a wide variety of choices).
                      - Cash bar.
                      - DJ with music, video screens and dance floor.
                      - Costume contest judged by three well-known and respected individuals in the Haunted Attraction Industry, with $1,000 in cash prizes
                      - Door prizes from several of the Haunt Industry’s top vendors, with a combined value of several thousand dollars.

All of the tangible benefits aside, people should also consider that this will be a great networking opportunity, as well. It should be a blast!
                      Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                      Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Adam

Thanks for noticing I have put much effort into this. I want it to be something that will continue for years to come. I feel the Industry is worth it and I hope they see that and attend this event. I also want all the buyers to see that the Vendors are giving back! They could have said no things are tight or times are slow or whatever and I have not had one vendor to turn this down!

The vendors are taking notice and I am so Thankful I have seen several of the vendors who has donated have also bought tickets. I would love to have this free but it was just not possible to pull off an event like this for free. My own crew and myself are buying tickets! But know I kept is as low WAIT actually lower than I needed to but I want EVERYONE TO ATTEND AND EVERYONE TO KNOW I AM SERIOUS ABOUT THIS AND PUTTING MY NAME ON IT!

HERE IS SOMTHING THATS JUST WILD!!! I just added up the prizes I have had donated by the vendors and right now its at the $10,000.00 MARK! GUYS IS AWSOME OR WHAT? Shane and I still got prizes coming! Shane this time,
                        sigpic

Comment

Do you plan on printing the list of what vendors have donated. Maybe you have? Maybe I missed it.
                          Thanks,
                          Damon
                          Damon Carson

Comment

Kudos to you Shane for putting such a grand party.

Some sound like this is a new concept but this party isnt anything new didn't Crazy Bob do a party for what seemed like decades?
                            DA

Comment

I went to Crazy Bob's and it was cool but nothing even approaching the level that Shane is putting on with all the vendors, costume contest, food, drink, music. This will definitely be insane! Not to be missed.

Eric
                              www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Dark

Yes but its been like 6 or 7 years but not on this level. But yes he did and thanks for noticing my hard work. Damon if you start at the beginning of this thread you will see where I have listed many items. Eric thanks for the vote of confidence in me I want let you guys down. One other thing not all prizes are listed some will be surprises but I have listed several. Shane and its take a look at them! Shane this time,
                                Last edited by graystone; 02-04-2010, 05:44 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X