No announcement yet.

Prerequisite for haunt workers in Ill.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prerequisite for haunt workers in Ill.

Something new and enforced:Criminal backround checks .
    The law was to eliminate sexual perverts from carnivals and they spread it to encompass ski lodges and Haunted Houses.
    There will be records kept, checked with a visible sticker on the exterior of the house to show compliance.
    Don't wait til October and assume this can all get done in 10 minutes or such.
    I'm just thankfull I was behind the camera instead of infront of it for Jesse Jame's last couple of flings!!!
    Yes I "Passed" the check, so did my Wife.
    The state will send a man to affix the sticker, why? Because I guess they already caught some house printing a fake one!
    Say it ain't so.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Whew... lucky you Jim. I know Jesse isn't happy though.

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

It isn't a requirement in Ohio yet; but I know of a lot haunts that are doing checks on their entire staff.
      Katie Lane
      Partner/VP
      Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
      sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

I Kinda Think

Such checks would not have caught John Gacy when he was once Illinois JC "Man of the Year "
        Or when he was once Iowa's JC "Man of the Year", I'm assuming it was when all JCs were doing haunts..can't you just see him in the dark wearing his clown costume.
        You just can't trust some people. You just can't trust some people in the dark.
        Pray the lights don't fail in the statehouse! Illinois has to lead the country in jailbird governors.
        (I hope they were all guilty, none framed.)
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim didnt you use to work at a ski lodge? And you were a Jaycee. And I know you have been to a carnival or two in your day. And now you run a haunt. Im pieceing all the pieces of the puzzle together now. Im going to stumble on your Bumbles the clown suit under the floor boards soon. I've got your number buddy and it involves three 6's im sure. On the same day of the murder you purchased 13 razor blades at the hardware store on the corner of 5th and Garret. 5th and Garret. 13 unlucky for some. I will catch you JIM!
          Damon
          Last edited by damon carson; 04-14-2010, 04:30 PM.
          Damon Carson

Comment

You sound like...

the murder in Missouri, blood was dripping from the ceiling in an apartment complex. It was from the refrigerator where a guy's head was being kept!
            Someone had chopped him up, put some parts in a plastic garbage can, some in the fridge.
            A Discount store was just a 1/4 mile down the road, the ax and can were new, still had "Grandpa's" stickers on them..their surveilence film showed his ex-girlfriend buying the items not long before she severed their relationship.(and other body parts)
            She needed a REAL good lawyer.
            I guess it all happened when she found out she was not his only girlfriend, take heed young Mr. "D". (or wear a steel collar, maybe one down there too?)
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Wow! When and where was this Jim? Grandpas are usually in our around the St. Louis area. I would like the read the article about that crazy bitch!
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

Yes St. louis is where it all happened. My Ex has family there and good friends, some of those friends work-worked? in the newspaper business, so yes it all happened, time passes though, it might have been as much as 15 years ago.
                The murderer might be out on early release, since it was obviously a crime of passion, so be carefull in your relationships, she might be out cruising looking for Mr. Right, or Mr. Right Now!
                I got the impression that Grandpa's was very close to the apartment building .
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Yikes! Scary stuff! Thats okay Im enjoying being single and all my body parts intact.
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

So Damon, Who is this woman named...

"Tact"?
                    I worked with a woman many years ago whose last name was "Tack".
                    She was kinda sharp. Short woman. Talking to her was never pointless.
                    Anybody could and did push her button!
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

sooo......

So does the backround check include volunteers or only paid works?
                      Thanks Jim.

Peter T
                      FS
                      Fables Studios
                      Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
                      https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

for some reason volunteers are presently excluded

Which boggles my mind. Someone getting paid...well you usually know more about them and know who they are than just a one night volunteer.
                        One state guy said something to the effect that the people writing the law think that charity run haunts usually have a bunch of elderly women working in them, and they wouldn't molest anybody....?
                        Crimes usually are aided and abetted by people who can't imagine.
                        Who ever imagined ramming airliners into tall buildings?
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working elderly women in a haunted house. Thats funny. I could see alot of these so called actors missing there scare. And having to take alot of bathroom breaks. Ha!
                          Damon
                          Damon Carson

Comment

I helped an elderly work here

(I'm not referring to myself)
                            I made a small , big -closet room for him, all he had to do was push a few buttons , maybe open the door (or not) and say a few words....he really needed the $.
                            Afterwards I am told by my other helpers that this man had a urination problem but solved it by bringing his jar with him and he even kindly offered the use of the filling jar(no place there to dump it!) to most of them.
                            "Need to use my jar? Here you go!"
                            And that, boys and girls, is why there are sinks with faucets and running water in bathrooms!
                            "Touch my jar, be happy and cured! Feel the warmth! Inhale the aroma!"
                            "YUK!"
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

LOL! Oh my god! Thats hilarious. How bout handing out depends. Sorry guys no bathroom breaks tonight. We have 3 tour buses coming through tonight. Its gonna be non-stop for 5 and a half hours.
                              Damon
                              Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                              X