• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need any technical or graphical help?
    Be sure to PM me

Comment

Update

Oli- Right now I have a very limited haunt budget, but in future years I'd love to work with you.

Regarding the 2' wide hallways- They're happenning. If it's a problem, I'll learn.

We are scheduled to load the garage next weekend. Right now I'm scrambling to get as many pannells as possible completed. I'll post pictures tomorow, right now it's too dark. In a few weeks the fun part begins, detailing. Stay tuned! One more thing- today I got a bunch of 6" by 4' fence pickets from Home Depot for 60 cents each. For $20, I got enough to completely cover at least two 4' by 8' panells. I'm looking foreward to building more this year.
      *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Pictures

As stated before, we will be loading the set for the first half of the haunt next weekend.

Here's a bunch of random props from last year. They aren't very realistic, but they'll do their jobs.

Here's the prop for the first room. It will get beefed out with chicken wire and will get a mask and shoes to make it look better.

This is one of the donation boxes for this year. It should look pretty cool when complete. All donations will go to charity, but I'm having a hard time deciding which one.

Comment

More pictures

Sorry about the quality of the pics, it was a choice between taking pictures on our camcorder or taking high quality pictures which take forever to load.

This is the garage. Today I will be working on clearing it out.

Heres some fece pickets I got, all for $20! They'll cover two 4 foot panells.

Comment

Even more pictures!

We're gradually getting more panells! Here's a few pics of random panells.

Comment

Wood supply!

Is slowly dwindling!

Comment

So it's been awhile...

For some reason nI haven't really posted an update in awhile...

1) The haunt is in the garage and about half way asembled.

2) I'm working hard to get as many panells up and ready to be painted this weekend.

3) Here's a link to pictures... http://my-halloween-haunt.blogspot.c...0/09/well.html

That's it for now...

Comment

VERY VERY COOL dude, this is the first time I looked at your stuff. Hope to see more! Good Luck!

Comment

If you need pallets check craigslist. And once you get a charity to donate to have them write you a donation letter that you can take to your hardware stores and try to get some free supplies, I usually get around 500 to 800 dollars of free lumber every year. If you start a website make sure you have a sponsor page to show them. If you need any other help just send me a message.

Comment

Thanks!

Guys it means a ton to read your comments all I have to say is THANK YOU!

Here's one of our tombstones, I think this was taken in 2008, enjoy.

Comment

Sponsors

We don't have any. Imagine if we did. I should look into that!

Comment

looking good so far cant wait to see more of it

Comment

This isn't what you want to hear this late in the game but many haunters (most?) make their walls with the 2x4 or 2x3 laying flat on the plywood, rather than up on the 2-inch end like you have. This makes the walls take up a little less room, especially important in a small haunt, and makes them sturdier.

On the downside, it does make them a little harder to connect together since you have to drill through the long part of two separate 2x4s to run a bolt connecting two panels. Many have taken to using screws and power drivers for ease of assembly and disassembly.

Comment

Alright guys

Here's a quick upodate I think I took these pictures about a week ago, so not quite current. This weekend I went through about two gallons of black paint I need one more gallon of black plus a color for our room after the mine. Really the only thing that's different from these pictures is the paint and one wall tin the mine. Happy Haunting!

Comment

Great job so far.

Looks like alot of work, but sounds like you are happy with how it looks and how you are progressing. Keep up the good work going forward. The most important thing is too have the passion to spend the time and energy on this, and it definiteyl seems like you do.
                                Also try not to pay too much attention to posts on this forum that are negative, if you get any, you know what works best for you.
                                Thanks for the post on my thread. I gotta get pics up now that my buildings and maze are basically outlined.
                                Good luck and great job!

Comment

Working...
                                X