No announcement yet.

How far from home is your haunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 minutes ...which is great when you close at 1:00am.

Comment

My Bed, Right here!

I was so tired after tours I collapsed on the bed , fully clothed, pulled a blanket up over my face, as I began to relax the very real sensation of someone laying on top of me was felt! I could not move at all (Heavier than me?) I began to somewhat panic, I was all alone in the house..wait a second, I have two dogs behind a door a room away, they never barked, all doors are locked, if fear is powering this sensation...I should just relax...I did..it disappated.
      Was it just in my own mind? Or was there potentually more to it than that? Something possibly "Supernatural"?
      Whether or not the supernatural is "there" in parralel to our world or if it's just made to happen from our own mental processes, I think our own mind has some sort of influence upon things if it's just opening a door or creating something from little or nothing.
      Some few have had terribly frightening experiences...I feel if you go looking for such a thing..eventually you will find it (or does it find you?)
      The huge majority of the ghost stories my customers have told me are not like Hollywood horror movies at all, no demonic possession, driving you crazy, but if someone thinks they need or desrve such, they will get it eventually.
      When a supernatural experience is shared simultaneously in a group..that is pretty convincing.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

When I was doing a haunted trail I just walked out the front door but now I work for a haunt and it's a hour and twenty min and Abby (the hearse I drive) takes about thirty dollars in gas round trip.
        Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

A Bit Of A Drive

My haunt is about a half hour away from home for me but then again that is Pittsburgh driving. There is a red light, a 26 way intersection, traffic loops, hills, and drivers who may just be taking a nap at the wheel all competing to go two ways down a one way road lol. Only about a 6 mile commute but crazy driving times.

Best Wishes,

Ethan Turon

www.HundredAcresManor.com

Comment

6 miles, a half hour, sounds like it would be better to just walk.lol.
            Originally posted by Hundred Acres Manor View Post
            My haunt is about a half hour away from home for me but then again that is Pittsburgh driving. There is a red light, a 26 way intersection, traffic loops, hills, and drivers who may just be taking a nap at the wheel all competing to go two ways down a one way road lol. Only about a 6 mile commute but crazy driving times.

Best Wishes,

Ethan Turon

Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Most of the attractions I have worked with have typically been 30-45 minutes or more away.
              -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

The old one I worked at was about 30 minutes after they put in the new highway, before that it was about 45 minutes away....
                http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

30 minutes away without traffic
                  Richard Alvarado
                  Moxley Manor Haunted House

www.moxleymanor.com
                  www.nightscarebeforechristmas.com
                  Stalk Us on Facebook
                  Stalk Us on Twitter
                  Stalk Us on YouTube

Comment

I too am about 5 mins walking distance.
                    http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com
                    sigpic
                    "We bring you the WHO WHAT AND WHERE of the industry we all love"

www.InsideThe HauntIndustry.com

Comment

Haunt Travel time

Hey there~

Let's see we had 2 choices at one point ..

1)5- 10 minutes away (building) or

2) 30 Seconds.. (back yard)..

We had the building aspect planned... had a local business sponsor .. etc. .. etc.. but the plans fell through due to personal commitments/issues.. ( will happen HOPEFULLY next year)

This year .. all we have to do is walk out of my kitchen to the living room ( wich is part of the haunt) out my front door and around the corner of the building to the back yard.. ( all of 30 seconds to 1 minute away ) to get to the site of our Yard haunt this year....

Ill post more details on another thread once we get building done .. as we are only doing the haunt on Halloween we still have some time to get things done..

~Jeff

Comment

5ish years ago I was 12 or so minutes. Then I moved and now I'm less than 5. I didn't pick the house due to the location of the haunt, it just panned out that way and now I'm incredibly spoiled. I have my eye on a house that is literally 30 seconds from the haunt, if it ever goes up again.
                        -Brandon Kelm
                        Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X