This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Hi, and Hello there!

Hi guys! I've been lurking in the shadows of this forum for a while now and decided it's high time I became an active member!

My first prosthetic was at age 9, my first haunt was 16 (for charity of course), and my sister's birthday is Nov, 1st because my mother refused to miss Halloween with me even at age 3. I've worked on the design of close to a dozen haunts over the last 8 years, have my own Makeup FX company, and co-own a Haunt Design company that specializes in masks, costumes, props, puppets, foam fabrication, ground plan design, and even whole-haunt design. We attended Transworld as a vendor for the first time this year, had a blast, and look forward to the many awesome trade shows to come!

I have a degree in Technical Theater, hold Pro cards from Makeup Artist Magazine and a number of cosmetics companies; have trained with the Wolfe Brothers, Alex Hansen, and Temptu Pro (among others); and try to learn something new from every project I undertake.

Glad to be in the mix!

Thanks guys & ghouls
    Kyle Pasciutti
    Owner, Decimated Designs
    Owner, Kyle Pasciutti Makeup FX
    KyleP555@gmail.com
    http://facebook.com/KyleP555

Comment

• Looking for backers for my project to build a haunted house

All my life I have loved horror movies and haunted houses ,and also Halloween. I have always enjoyed going to haunted houses and getting dressed up for Halloween when I was a kid. I'm a big believer in having a hobby that you love doing. For the longest time I have wanted to put together a a haunted house for everyone in my community. Im trying to find people that would be willing to back my project on opening up Flour Bluffs first haunted house for the community. The link is at the bottum of the page so you can look at the project. I also plan on having canned food drives and raising money for the local laguna little league baseball with some of the money that I raise at the haunted house.I have been in contact with a owner of a haunted house that is looking into selling his two haunted house and all his props. I have the location for the haunted house I just need the supplies for run the haunted house. I plan on opening the haunted house to the community on October 18th,19th, 20th,25th,26th,27th,28th,29th,30th,31th, and the 1st of November. We will be open from 7pm to 12pm every night. If you have any questions feel free to contact me and I will be willing to answer anything you need to know.

The Devil's Playground Haunted House by Norman Gresham http://kck.st/1aoyOTs via @kickstarter

Comment

• Empress Nightshade cracks open the door, casts her eyes upon everyone, gives a toothy grin, waves and closes the door slowly back....

Comment

• I'm Jason, I'm located in the northeast region in Arkansas. I've mainly helped build and act in haunts for the past 6 years. I'm a contractor by trade. I recently made the jump.and with the help of a few friends I own my own haunt which opens tomorrow night. We are calling it the 870 Spookshow because we couldn't think of a better name and we thought it was such horrible name people will remember it and so far that actually has seemed to work out...

Comment

• hello

I am Diana from South Carolina..I am very new to forum. Been decorating a couple years now.. at present I am sitting here stewing..thanks to 25 mile an hour wind.. most of my display is laying on the ground. have not had a chance to repair any thing due to my daughter losing her home wednesday night to fire. but hey I got 5 days to get it straight lol

Comment

• Hola!

Hello everyone! My name is Erik, and currently my family and I do a home haunt. My 10 year plan is to own a small haunt and try to grow from there. I won't be asking anyone for money LOL! Hope you guys are all doing well this season. I am from San Antonio, and we went to Sea World's attraction last night and it was really great compared to some of the other ones I have been to this season. The misdirections were all done very well, and I jumped a few times. Y'all keep living the dream and scare the hell out off people!

Peace!

Comment

• I am Back

Getting back in the business going to be building a haunt for someone this year out of state. Very excited to be doing something I love so much even if it is not my own haunt this year. Ohh yea I have moved just outside of Charlotte North Carolina.

Comment

• New to the forum

Name : Bobby Metzner

I am a home haunter for about 8 years now, the last 2 have been getting bigger and bigger. I help out at a local haunted house here in Cincinnati, The Dent Schoolhouse. I'm learning alot, so I thought I'd join this forum to learn more and buy some used props for my display. My first Transworld experience was in 2013 and it was amazing! Going again this year to hopefully get a few good props. Any advice, tips, or tricks any fellow haunters could give me would be great. I'll post some of my stuff on here as well.

Comment

• Michigan Farm Gal gong on 5 years of Haunted Trail in Michigan near Traverse City!

Well I have been a member of this board for years but lurk mostly. My family have been haunting in one form or another for 25+ years so we have fun. I thought I would introduce myself and creep less on this board and help where I can. My family and I do a theatrical based outdoor trail walk and will be adding an indoor barn haunt this year for our 5th anniversary. We do this as a fundraiser but don't think that we take our haunt that way. We train our volunteers to be as professional and haunt savvy as we can. We have people as young as 8th graders that haunt our woods and the guests leave going "those were 8th graders?" We do not do GORE but we rock on SERF...Spooky Enchanting Really-good FEAR.

I own an organic veggie farm but truth be told-haunting is where my heart is at. I plan on shifting the farm to a fall mecca of fall fun and spooktacular events:-)

People leave the Ghost Farm of Kingsley-really great reviews and on our 5th anniversary we are ready to take a good leap forward. If you want check us out look at our facebook.com/GhostFarm page.

I hope this information helps and HI!

~Desirae

Comment

• Hello

Hello all my name is Steve I have been acting at many haunts mainly in Ohio. Ever since my brothers did a haunt in there school closet for there Halloween class party I was hooked (many moons ago). Have been wanting to start my own haunt for awhile now just nervous,so I'm here to learn from some of the best.

Comment

• I'm posting because the email asked me to.

I'm happy to finally be accepted as a member. I am an amateur enthusiast who has been doing home haunts for the last several years.

Comment

• Obsessive Amateur

Hello All.

Obsessive Amateur whose free time is spent Collecting, Buying, Building, Designing, Creating, Planning, and Inventing mind bending, perspective shifting, and very scary haunts in his garage. The Haunt is my art for the world, and it is on display only 3 hours per year. Knowing that I've scarred .... er.... etched into the memory of people for the rest of their lives an experience unlike any other propels me from year to year... .that and all the cool stuff I get to buy and build! Animatronics, pneumatics, Water Systems, High Voltage, Lasers, whatever .... I'm always experimenting and tinkering to bring the art to life.

Professionally, I'm an IT Consultant who specializes in IT Strategy and Innovation for Competitive Advantage.

Thanks to everyone for sharing so freely here..... lots of wonderful ideas have percolated into the brain.

-Jarring
                          ("Bill")

p.s. For the admin who emailed me, yes I can post a message .... the account creation seemed to work

Comment

• Hi!

I am a young guy with an unhealthy obsession for scaring people. I have watched every video, read every document, basically learned as much as I can from the internet. I have put on a home haunt and want to make it my profession, I am here and ready to learn as much as I can.

Comment

• Welcome and we look forward to seeing your comments, questions, and feedback on the forums. Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President
                              www.HalloweenProductions.com
                              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• Hello!!

I am the Director for Zombies at the Zoo a fundraising Haunted Trail/Hayride at the Plumpton Park Zoo in Maryland! We are currently gearing up for our third year of our highest-grossing fundraising efforts and of course it has to do with Zombies! I look forward to reading and talking to professional haunters as we expand into (hopefully) a better and more professional haunt ourselves!

Comment

Working...
                                X