Addvertisement question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tampa prints

Tampa / St Pete has a daily paper geared toward night life and news for everyone in the younger generation. Can't think what it is called but it is available everywhere ...Starbucks etc etc.. It has concert listing reviews and things to do on weekends. It would have the exposure you would be looking for.
    Mike
    PS..Sent you a email earlier today

Comment

We had a couple of radio stations do remotes at our haunt last year. Mostly they were doing their own contests for concert tickets and stuff. They weren't any radio stations I listen to, college and rap stations. I didn't pick them. I don't think they were broadcasting from the haunt. About 2 years ago one of the local TV station came out and did a story on their daily magazine show, but it was the last weekend of the season when they broadcast it. I'd say spend money on billboards, going with a major radio station in the area if you want to, if doing anything in print then go with like a weekly free classified that gets delivered to everybody in the mail, we have an ad on the front page of that every week through out Sept and Oct.

Comment

Parents drive the kids and see the coupon for the haunt in the paper. I dont think news papers are dead when the demo that reads them gives money and drives the target demo to our shows.
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
          Parents drive the kids and see the coupon for the haunt in the paper. I dont think news papers are dead when the demo that reads them gives money and drives the target demo to our shows.
          I suppose it depends on your target market. I would say less than 20% of our attendance is kids below driving age. Probably closer to 10%. Is that unusual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Brett Hays, Director
          Fear Fair
          www.fearfair.com

Comment

For me it is. I am a park that opens at 7:30 and closes at 1:30. You can do kareoke, we have shops, we have lots of food, rides, and great walk around entertainment in the court yards. So we get a ton of teens dropped off at 7 and picked up at midnight. Not my favorite customers but I think they are consistant. For a $25 admission its cheaper than a sitter.
            Allen H

Comment

I try to advertise on the college station each year-- but the last few years, they never return the calls. I guess they are typical flake students, too busy to worry about things like money as long as their parents are paying the bills. It's a shame, because they are otherwise neat groups to support. Maybe your local college station is better about following through on it though.
              www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Add update

Ok i think we are going to do cable TV adds 200 spots they are fairly reasonable and cut all of our newspaper except the weekly insert for entertainment mag. And we have a weekly rag called creative loafing going to run adds with them. And lots of flyer's and a few billboards (2 to 4) and 2 radio stations about 120 spots each. I really do appreciate all the advice Thank you for your thoughts it help me look around more at other options.

Shawn
                Twisted Woods

P.S. the cable spots will be on when there is a halloween related show on like American Haunts and stuff like that.
                Last edited by Bradenton Haunted Trail; 06-21-2011, 08:52 PM. Reason: P.S.

Comment

Absolutely send information about your haunted attraction to every newspaper in a 50 mild radius. Most papers print a whats happening in October or a free event listing. Get in it. they are free and dozens of them are printed in your area. They are under utilized and will send people to your haunt.
                  Allen H

Comment

Work with a local charity and you can get free listings on radio, tv, and newspapers.
                    Damon
                    Frightmasters
                    Damon Carson

Comment

Don't forget there are several haunt-related online news sources that you can advertise with. I can name at least two or three that promote heavily on this board...
                      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Working...
                      X