Gwar costumes???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gwar costumes???

The guys from GWAR offered a costume for sell to the haunt industry a year or so back. Are they still making stuff for the haunt industry?
    sigpic
    Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

Yes they have made me several costumes so far and are starting a new one up for me after they get back from overseas in a few weeks... Here is the Hellspawn.. I can take some pics of some of the other costumes they have custom made for me when I get a chance. You can contact them at corottedartistry@gmail.com.. they will be back in the country at the end of the month. The quality of the costumes is unbelievable.. they make The GWAR stuff to last night after night taking abuse on stage... this stuff will NOT rip, fall apart, etc!!!

IMG00078-20100325-1136.jpg

Here is a rough sketch on a costume being worked on for me..

gatekeeper.jpg
    Tim Bunch
    House Of Horrors And Haunted Catacombs
    www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com

Comment

Yes they have made me several costumes so far and are starting a new one up for me after they get back from overseas in a few weeks... Here is the Hellspawn.. I can take some pics of some of the other costumes they have custom made for me when I get a chance. You can contact them at corottedartistry@gmail.com.. they will be back in the country at the end of the month. The quality of the costumes is unbelievable.. they make The GWAR stuff to last night after night taking abuse on stage... this stuff will NOT rip, fall apart, etc!!! They can sculpt and make you ANYTHING.. so If you're looking for anything custom definitely contact them.. Global Fear Enterprises is finishing up some awesome custom costumes for me as well right now-the pics they've sent me as work has progressed are amazing..

Here is a rough sketch on a costume being worked on for me..

-Tim
      Tim Bunch
      House Of Horrors And Haunted Catacombs
      www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com

Comment

Originally posted by lurker View Post
        The guys from GWAR offered a costume for sell to the haunt industry a year or so back. Are they still making stuff for the haunt industry?

Now that you've mentioned it...

I'm posting on these boards on behalf of Corotted Artistry and have been given the go ahead to start taking orders...

Corotted Artistry is now officially open for business for the Haunted Attraction Industry.

Corotted Artisty was formed by two of the main artists behind GWAR’s costumes and stage show effects, Bob Gorman and Matt Maguire. Together they both bring 20 years of experience to the company. Corotted Artistry offers a full array of costume and creature services, from simple concept sketches to complete design and fabrication.

Known for over-the-top exaggerated costumes and sets, this company is now offering their style to the haunt community at large.

Corotted Artistry is proud to present their first complete costumes: HELLSPAWN and ZOMBIE CRUSADER! Both can be purchased as a complete costume or as individual pieces. Pieces can of course be customizable and based on your needs, but here are the details...

HELLSPAWN is made out of natural latex and burman polyfoam and the wings have a nylon armature frame. They custom make the feet to the wearer's boot size. The torso is cast so that most people can wear it (5ft - 6ft), which is the same with the belt and gauntlets.

HELLSPAWN firm prices for individual pieces:

Feet – $600

Belt/Skirt - $500

Gauntlets - $400

Mask - $700

Chest/Wings - $800

Total: $3,000

Buy them all together: Discounted price of $2,750

ZOMBIE CRUSADER is made out of natural latex. The shoulder pads and helmet are made out of neoprene.

ZOMBIE CRUSADER firm prices for individual pieces:

Feet – $600

Belt - $400

Gauntlets - $400

Shoulder Pads/Tunic - $800

Mask - $350

Helmet - $350

Total: $2,900

Buy them all together: Discounted price of $2,650

To place an order or for more pictures/information, send me a PM via the Hauntworld.com boards or via email: rsligh@gmail.com

Visit Corotted Artistry on the web at:

CorottedArtistry.com
        BobGorman.com
        MattMaguire.com
        SlaveTrade.com
        Ryan

Comment

GWAR like the heavy metal band? Yeesh, I haven't heard that group since high school! I didn't realize they were still around in any form. Cool! They always had some very interesting costuming. I could see where it would translate very well to the haunt industry.
          Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by hauntedkimmy View Post
            GWAR like the heavy metal band? Yeesh, I haven't heard that group since high school! I didn't realize they were still around in any form. Cool! They always had some very interesting costuming. I could see where it would translate very well to the haunt industry.

Still very much around and currently touring in Europe. Like Tim said, Bob and Matt have created costumes for the industry before, but they really want to start translating their skills to haunts in a full time capacity. I'm glad I can help them in any way possible.
            Ryan

Comment

That is very cool Ryan! I listened to them in high school as I had some good friends very much into the heavy metal scene like Ministry, Lawnmower Deth, and GWAR to name a scant few. I always thought the costumes were cool and heard stories that some of them actually sprayed stuff on the audience at concerts. That would be so cool to see in the haunt industry. Glad they are still around!
              Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

did they do any power rangers work? Some of these sculpts remind me of that work - I think that was originally Japanese produced so it may be art from there, just wondered if they made any of that work?

Comment

Those are wicked! I'm glad they are still making costumes!
                  sigpic
                  Louis Brown
                  Owner, operator, and dish washer
                  at
                  DarkWood Manor

Comment

Originally posted by Twin Locusts View Post
                    did they do any power rangers work? Some of these sculpts remind me of that work - I think that was originally Japanese produced so it may be art from there, just wondered if they made any of that work?

No, they haven't done any Power Rangers work, but was told they're inspired by all kinds of pop-culture. Wrestling, Jack Kirby, Big Daddy Roth, and to a certain extent Power rangers.
                    Ryan

Comment

I think they're stuff is cool, very interesting and very unique. BUT, I think they look cheesy in a haunted house setting. Looks like they are trying too hard, which is why they are perfect for an over-the-top stage show but it's not really ideal for a haunted house. Where would it go? Past the guy in the spandex suit in the dot room, past the butcher shop with rednecks, then one of these guys come out of a cave? Again, very cool artistry no question but just not right for 99% of haunted house applications. Also my kids used to devour the power rangers, but I always thought the monsters on there were HORRIBLE. Anyone else agree?

DA

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                        I think they're stuff is cool, very interesting and very unique. BUT, I think they look cheesy in a haunted house setting. Looks like they are trying too hard, which is why they are perfect for an over-the-top stage show but it's not really ideal for a haunted house. Where would it go? Past the guy in the spandex suit in the dot room, past the butcher shop with rednecks, then one of these guys come out of a cave? Again, very cool artistry no question but just not right for 99% of haunted house applications.

Darkangel... the Charles Barkley of Hauntworld.com. <3 you.

As I'm sure you're very well aware of DA, not all haunts are built the same. It just depends on your particular style. For those specific costumes that are for sale, I personality see them being utilized as icon/queue area entertainers. Another haunt owner might be able to use them in a more creative way. Yes... if you're a haunt that goes for complete hyper-realism, they probably aren't for you. I definitely disagree with you that 99% of haunts couldn't find a place for them, though.

The main point is that these guys have been creating quality, well constructed... able to be beat to death... costumes for a very long time and do a great job. The quality is perfect for the haunt industry and these are the costumes they have available right now for order. Their company isn't going to be "let's put your actors in GWAR costumes and dump blood on customers" type of deal.

I'm guarantee you'll see a lot more things from Corotted Artistry. They started the company as a separation from GWAR, not an extension of them. We're going to get together after they get back from Europe and really move forward with new ideas and concepts.
                        Last edited by Novus; 06-24-2011, 03:28 PM.
                        Ryan

Comment

Working...
                        X