No announcement yet.

Monster Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like the Walking Dead is a "celebrity" factory. People on the show for one second before getting shot are calling themselves celebrities now. The horror industry looks at everyone as a celeb. Unless you starred in a major film and a household name you are not a true celeb. You can be a local celeb or an actor or actress in a few films but that doesn't make you a celebrity. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are celebrities, not zombie number 16 on walking dead or a B movie scream queen.

DA

Comment

[QUOTE

Well, perhaps, but then how do you justify the tons of "animatronics" for $15,000 a pop that just look gory and do little more than wiggle, shake, and .[/QUOTE]

Who sells animation for 15k that does what you are saying? At the show the most expensive animation I saw was several thousand dollars less than $15k and moved well. I dont think a $15k animation would sell very well to Haunters. SF sells entire facade and animation packages for near $15k but that's for a whole package, not just the monster.

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Deathwing View Post
        Originally posted by Me
        Well, perhaps, but then how do you justify the tons of "animatronics" for $15,000 a pop that just look gory and do little more than wiggle, shake, and .
        Who sells animation for 15k that does what you are saying? At the show the most expensive animation I saw was several thousand dollars less than $15k and moved well. I dont think a $15k animation would sell very well to Haunters. SF sells entire facade and animation packages for near $15k but that's for a whole package, not just the monster.

Jake
        Scare Factory GD20- The Impaler- Animated Super Creature; Wholesale price: $13,118.75
        Scare Factory GD24 Special Shredded Kicker (optional); Wholesale price: $2,118.75

$13,118.75 + $2,118.75 = $15237.50

The description goes on about how it has "seven different articulating movements" and so on, but the best I can tell is that the net sum of all those articulations is basically a 13' prop that just wiggles and makes noise.

For $15,000.

That's it.

:shock:

Comment

15,000? I didn't spend anywhere near that much for my Impaler with victim. Nice piec, still works fine and it's moves well it starts at a seated position and rises in addition to the movements.

Allan

Comment

Originally posted by MDKing View Post
            15,000? I didn't spend anywhere near that much for my Impaler with victim. Nice piece, still works fine and it's moves well it starts at a seated position and rises in addition to the movements.

Allan
            Well, if you get it for a better deal, that's great, but those are the prices they list on their website. What did you get it for?

Comment

I agree that I thought it was going to be WAY higher quality props and for more of an "a" list movie crowd. But oh well. Cleve does a decent job. I do agree I've seen a lot of AMAZING things from the industry folks we have. If anything I watch to learn different techniques. And the two headed shark movie that he made the prop for in the first episode is on youtube. The first few minutes show the monster in "spotty" sections. A lot of old fashion cut aways used but you get what you pay for.

O'Shawn McClendon
              Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Originally posted by freak 'n' stein View Post
                I agree that I thought it was going to be WAY higher quality props and for more of an "a" list movie crowd. But oh well. Cleve does a decent job. I do agree I've seen a lot of AMAZING things from the industry folks we have. If anything I watch to learn different techniques. And the two headed shark movie that he made the prop for in the first episode is on youtube. The first few minutes show the monster in "spotty" sections. A lot of old fashion cut aways used but you get what you pay for.
                There's one studio that does a lot of mockbusters, and they have top-flight CGI work. It's like some savant comes in on the weekends as a hobby and does this amazing work that would have cost close to $1M back in the day, but they get it for a song.

Anyone know who?
                Last edited by BrotherMysterio; 04-14-2012, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
                  Well, if you get it for a better deal, that's great, but those are the prices they list on their website. What did you get it for?

Much less, bought it many years back. Don't look st wholesale prices no one pays that look at show prices plus volume discounts.

Allan

Comment

Originally posted by MDKing View Post
                    Much less, bought it many years back. Don't look st wholesale prices no one pays that look at show prices plus volume discounts.

Allan
                    So what would you reasonably pay for an Impaler? And how do you use it? Exactly how do you theme an item like that?

Comment

Last night's episode of Monster Man was pretty respectable. I hope the rest of the season is more like that.

Comment

I don't know about Monster Man, but I liked that show comic book men. Even though the dude who owns that comic store has to be one of the all time worst directors. His movies are terrible.
                        Jared Layman

Comment

O.K.

...I have really tried to like Monster Man (i Love Face off) BUT i just cant help but think my time is better spent You Tubing it. The stuff he makes is just ssoo bad! Sorry just my $ .02 i guess it is what it is right?

Comment

I think he should just stick to foam carving, the giant boots were his best thing yet.

DA

Comment

I was really hopping the spider guy would have turn out better and maybe give me some ideas. I have been looking to make a good spider /man costume for two years! Can seem to get anything that looks good!

Comment

Cliff, will you be at MHC? I might have what you are looking for at the stiltbeast booth.
                                www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                                X