Shock Pad Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock Pad Questions

I just received my order from Pure Terror Productions. One of the items I bought was a Shock Pad.

It has a few settings: low shock, more intense shock, and a more intense one that actually zaps you a couple times when you touch it once.

My question for you all is, typically, what setting do you use in your haunt? The low shock is pretty subtle, I'm thinking some people may not even feel it, but what I worry about with using the more intense shock is that some folks may complain that is is too much. It doesn't hurt, but I could still imagine some people not enjoying having to touch it when they walk through. Has anyone who uses them in their haunt ever had customers complain about them?

Thanks,
    Jake

We always used the highest setting. What's the fun unless you here them freak out. Even the highest setting is only like a static shock and it can't hurt anyone.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
    Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Highest setting...Also, if you tell them if they touch the walls before they go in they will have fear through the entire haunt, even if they do not get shocked...

Comment

shock

We have them and they are set on high. No one has ever complained but they have yelped and looked at the actor and said "I just got shocked" like we are supposed to fix something. They make me giggle.

Buck
        Capt.Chaos
        Fear Asylum Haunted House
        Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Pure Terror Shock Pads

Thank you for your purchase at Transworld and to answer your question about the setting leave it on high. All our shock pads are set to High in my haunts at Pureterror Screampark and we never had an issue. They are great startle effects and what I like to do is let the guest know before they are going into the Haunt that they may get shocked and everyone does get shocked I made sure of that by having over 220 shock pads in Terror in the Dark last year

If you need anymore Shockpads we have them in stock and can ship same day contact us at info@pureterror.com or call 845-391-0071

Thank you again to you and everyone else who placed orders with Pureterror Products

Comment

I would probably be one of those customers that would be annoyed if I was shocked, not complain, but unlikely return.
            It's not a phobia, I just don't like it.

Comment

Working...
            X