Actors-Rehearsal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actors-Rehearsal

Just curious, once you have your actors set do you pay them to show up to do a dry run prior to opening night? We have never done this but we are considering it this year.

I haven't paid them, but we did it once where we made that the night to give them their t shirts and also bought soda, pizza, sandwiches, etc for them. The appreciated it and understood that since we weren't bringing in money for that night, that they weren't getting paid. This year, we are doing a friends and family night, along with local businesses. It is the day before our grand opening, and it is a soft opening. Offering a discounted admission, and getting our actors a full speed run through, where we can stop the haunt if something happens, and out ringers can tell us of weak spots.
    Sean Hughes - National Sales Manager
    sean@pixelpushersinc.com
    312.613.7326 Mobile
    847.550.6560 X 102 Office
    844.44.PIXEL X 102 Toll Free

www.pixelpushersinc.com - The nations leading printing and design company for the haunted industry.

Comment

we....

we run actors traning on two satuerdays before we open. they have to show up for one. we go over fire safty and basics from allens dvd on acting(great stuff).we also work on make and decide on a" LOOK" for each person. i dont pay but they get two free tickets and i feed them.

Comment

Southern Tradition

I use all volunteers, and most of them have worked with me previous years so they already know what to expect, but this year I am going to have a Saturday afternoon rehearsal/walk through. I am planning on having some food and PJ for the crew (its a Southern Thang). It should be a great time and will get everyone in the mood.

Of course the opening night we always get together early in the makeup lounge, hang out all afternoon, eat our little hearts out and get all pumped up! It usually ends there as well as a big cast party (yeah, every weekend is a cast party!).

The only drawback is finding the tub of PJ like a week later stuck in some remote corner of the building fermenting (usually at load-out).
        Travis "Big T" Russell
        President
        Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

I like one paid night of training and one volunteer night of training. If you show up to the volunteer night then you get two free tickets to the show. cover safety and house keeping on the paid night and scare tactics on the volunteer night. That is how I like to do it. I also have sponaneous training all throuh build as I demo rooms for the folks who build it.
          Allen H
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
          X