Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So long GoreThis could get bloody ... a design company has sued Eli Roth's Goretorium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So long GoreThis could get bloody ... a design company has sued Eli Roth's Goretorium

Check out the story on www.TMZ.com looks like this place is going down the tubes. Believe it or not but they called me a month ago asking for basically free ads on Hauntworld for tickets, and I told them no way... they told me this haunt cost $500 MILLION dollars and was the best haunted house in the WORLD! LOL

This could get bloody ... a design company has sued Eli Roth's Goretorium, saying the Las Vegas haunted house and its business partners have been dragging their feet on a $50K bill ... TMZ has learned.

The "Hostel" director opened the horror attraction in September and hired The Uprising Creative to create all kinds of promotional materials -- logo design, branding, videos, the like ... this according to the lawsuit filed today in Los Angeles.

Uprising says it was paid more than $134,000 over several months ... but the checks stopped coming with $50,853.93 still unpaid. They're alleging breach of contract and fraud ... and want the $50K plus interest and legal fees.

The Goretorium corporation is being sued ... not Roth. So far, no one's returned our calls to the office in LV.

Interesting side note ... in the suit, Uprising says one business partner recently told them to be patient -- because March was the Goretorium's first break-even month since October ... and that if Uprising sued, he would just file for bankruptcy.

Now we'll see if he was bluffing.
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

It seems like a lot of people in the industry were hoping it would fail, but I don't know why. Any high-profile haunt is good for the industry as a whole, because it increases the public's awareness of haunted houses.
    Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

I agree with you totally... I don't want them to go out of business not at all. But it goes to show once again that people who think they know the industry that know the business don't. I would however suggest that anyone who wants to see this place probably better go see it soon or you'll never see it. I didn't think it would last and that looks to be a strong possibility at this point. Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I agree. Anyone who would want any haunt to fail...let alone a high profile haunt like the Goreatorium, is crazy. Haunts being in the spotlight only helps the industry as a whole. I hope the haunt lasts. I think year round attractions are great and especially ones that really poured some time, effort, and money into the place like Goreatorium did. For what it's worth...they paid me in full and on time! It does sound bad, though. Larry may be right about getting there while the getting's good. If you do go...you'll get to enjoy most if not all of the effects that we produced for the attraction. It turns out that, after a few weeks of battles inside the creative team, many of my effects and others that were originally pulled over creative differences were re-integrated into the haunt. A slot machine video gag, a giant boiler effect, and both living portrait effects are now in use...although the portraits may be down currently as a customer damaged one of them and it's being repaired. We did one other effect which was a giant oven for the kitchen but it was never made clear to me if that effect made in into use or not. I think it did...but I'm not sure. At any rate, they were some fun pieces and I know the custom stuff produced by other companies looked pretty great as well. If you get the chance, I'd see it before it's gone!
        Kip Polley
        www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
        We Engineer Fear

Comment

I think what it proves is that generally year rounds haunts don't last. No one wants to go when it's open all the time it's the limited nature of a haunted house that makes people want to go more. I mean look most people don't want to go to a seasonal haunt until the last few weeks there's no urgency if its always open that's why Medieval Times suffered you've seen it once you're good for years. Sure a haunt can last in the summer by the beach but the ticket price is always low and the shows are pretty lame because its near impossible to hire and keep actors all year at October type energy. This haunt, like it or not, will not last another year in Vegas. I was in Vegas 2 months ago and no one was going in then, there's just too many other things to do there it's like Orlando that's why nothing lasts there and actually makes money people are there for the parks and only a handful will go to Ripleys or a haunt.

Jake

Comment

Its Vegas... rough rough town for haunt owners.

Comment

Working...
            X