New Hauntworld Haunt Directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hauntworld Haunt Directory

I know its late in the year or should I say close to the start of the season but... I've just ordered with my web group a TON of new features and layouts for helping people find your haunted houses on our directory. I pride myself of trying to take your investment into the site and put it to work for your business and the guests who visit our site. The new features are so advanced I think you'll all be super impressed.

I'm hoping to have them all online prior to September 13th, 2013.

It will be a drastic change but I hope you like it... in total I'm spending upwards of $30,000 to get all this done. Everything will help the site and the directory.

Lastly I ask you that you log into your accounts and update your listings with new and up to date information. If you want to get a banner or add your haunt to the featured listing please contact Patti ASAP... blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net or 314 629 3940 ask for Patti.

I would outline all the new features but some people love to do nothing but copy every single thing we do... so I'll keep it under wraps and unveil everything at once!

If you have any suggestions let us know what they are... we'd love to hear them!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Check out how the haunted house listings are now showed... http://www.hauntworld.com/missouri_haunted_houses

You will now see the haunts are listed the width of the screen... second you will see the focus is on the description you put in about your haunt so you need to update that. You will also see that that the listing shows your views, your url now didn't before, your rating, how many reviews you have (so ask your facebook fans to leave more reviews) and shows how many videos and photos your profile includes (so add more)

There is one more feature coming... Hauntworld will start to know a users locations so we can help them find haunted houses close to them. The system will tell a user how far a haunted house is from their location... COOL HUH?

That feature will be added here within a few days just a head of the season starting.

I have another really cool feature coming soon as well!

Stay tuned.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

And check out this page... http://www.hauntworld.com/americas_s...haunted_houses

It now allows users to use more search criteria such as if you have videos, photos, most viewed in a state and on that page it shows the most viewed youtube videos, most viewed haunts by state and much more. More features coming soon!

We are creating a best page where you can find the best by state in everything...

I strongly suggest you log in today and update your profiles!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

There is a couple bugs but go to any state page like http://www.hauntworld.com/alabama_haunted_houses something will pop up asking if they can use this as your locations... you say yes. Then each profile will tell you exactly how far away that haunted house is from your current location... cool huh. Try it out.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Okay so you say that isn't enough...

How about this on the state pages you'll be able to find the newest profiles, most viewed, see the newest videos, most viewed videos....

Here is the bottom line NO OTHER haunt directory has this kind of technology and if they say they do they just aren't telling the truth... secondly there is not another haunt finder out there will to re-invest the type of money we are...i'm having the pages updated now on a daily basis!

I'm going crazy spending money to upgrade the site... changes are coming every single day! Keep watching for them... I would only suggest you update your profile!

There is NO site that provides the type of information we do not even close!

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Larry,

I'm not sure I love the feature that tells you where the closest haunt is to you. It's almost as if if its trying to push you to visit the nearest instead if them going to the best ones. Maybe it'd be better to have something that pushes people to the best advertisers as an added bonus to them? Otherwise people will end up going to their neighborhood haunts and be disappointed by the lack of quality, in some not all cases that is.

Jake

Comment

Cool, I like the "Distance To" feature! Now I won't get results for places that are hours and hours away.

Comment

IF you start on the first page of say Missouri it only shows you the advertisers so what you are saying is just that... secondly its still in order of track backs. All the new feature does is tell you how far away that haunted house is from your current location... Lastly check those pages again today we made another change. Let me know what you think. Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Thanks- I appreciate being listed!
                  How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Keep checking this nightly... I've stayed up two nights in a row until 7am working on Hauntworld.com.

I want to do everything I can to support the industry but mostly the supporters of the site from vendors to haunt owners who buy banners that keep the site online. The cost of running this site is now massive ... we put everything into this site. Right now with the season coming up I wanted to make sure we had all we wanted to do done. We are working on it as we speak... tonight another night of working on the site.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Check a state page again... made more changes let me know what you think. Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

http://www.hauntworld.com/pennsylvania_haunted_houses

check it out

MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE YOUR PROFILE... you can add more description about your haunt makes people want to click on it, make sure you upload new videos the system tells our guests who's haunt has newest videos, and what is the most recent haunted house updated. Check it out.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Hey Folks... a little update. Right now Hauntworld.com web traffic is up 2.6 times over last year. In other words last year hauntworld.com did about 8000 visitors on same day last year this year its up to 22,000 plus. We are blowing away last year! I think our traffic when down partially because of the Presidential election going on... but this year its blowing up!

Make sure you update your profiles!

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Changes are coming soon to your profiles once we are done you'll be able to make your profile look just like a normal website...

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Incorrect listing

The Darkness, Creepyworld and the Lemp Brewery are still listed as haunts in Kentucky could that be fixed?

http://www.hauntworld.com/kentucky_haunted_houses

Comment

Working...
                              X