Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having a "guest" as part of your walkthrough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a "guest" as part of your walkthrough?

I have seen this done where a "guest" will ask the tour guide if he/she is aloud to follow the group the tour guy says yes and as she walks with the group she is kidnapped and later on in the haunt you see her being tortured and then the "guest" resets for the next group. Has anyone done such a thing? How do they feel it worked?

Hey man, I love this! But it has it's pros and cons.

Pros:
    It's VERY effective. I never had mine "ask" to be a part of the group as we always assign groups, regardless.

Cons:
    You can't have one. You need 5. If you have a line (I pray you do) they'll catch on if its the same face.
    You HAVE to do it early on, and end it early on. You wait too long and you'll interfere with other groups or it'll be a dead scare.

A great way to integrate your planted actors is by having them use a VIP line, this way you can grab them as a single VIP and add them to your regular ticket line.

If you have a long line, it's impossible to pull off successfully. But if you're a starting haunt and only do a couple hundred people per night, than its doable.

Comment

We are in our 4th year and we wanted to try something different. We were planning on making it short we have an entrance trail 75-100 feet long so we thought if we had 2 actors and 1 would stay with tour guide and ask group do you mind if I tag along with you then halfway in trail someone kidnaps her and a new actor will go to the front and act scared and say can I go with you I am scared to go solo. Have you seen it work what was the full scene for it?

Comment

That's fine, just as long as you have enough actors for your line to not catch on.

And we never made a specific scene for it, we chose a scene along the trail for the actors of the scene to grab the planted actor and start just fake attacking him/her as the group passes and once the group is out of sight, they'd stop and let the plant actor go reset.

Comment

Working...
        X