Go Pro ... Check this out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Pro ... Check this out

You can really make some cool stuff if you put the time in with these GOPRO camera's ... when you follow these people around with a camera plus strap a camera on them check out what you can do. This video hasn't even been online for more than 24 hours and bam got 6500 views. I bought a whole system at Best Buy and the video turned out really nice. We are making another one right now...

Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Mount them in the haunt

I've got several of them now. We mounted them in the haunt where the scares are, and each night I download the video to the PC and edit it down. They work great. I just bought a new one with a waterproof housing for the Camp Nightmare tram. Can't wait to see the video from that one!
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Go pro cameras are awesome !! I have one for my son helment he races motocross and it takes some good videos too . I can't wait to try it next year in our haunt....
      Last edited by 43 nightmares; 10-14-2013, 06:50 AM.

Comment

What model GoPro do you have? Is this the GoPro Hero3 Black edition? How is it in very low light areas? Thanks

Comment

I started looking into these myself...and I'm not sure about the low or dim light ability.

I thought about starting off with the cheaper one, this model : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hero3-hd...2161&cp=1&lp=1

I read a few reviews regarding issues with them..freezing up, won't power up, ect...no real customer support. I'm thinking if I get one it will be a local purchase so if I have an issue I can just run back to the store for a replacement.

Comment

No problems here

I have two of the Hero 2's, and we just bought the Hero 3 Black Edition. They have run flawlessly for us although get the wall charger and plug them in for longer recording times as the battery only last about 2.5 hours. You can get an extended battery too. They have a really cool WiFi attachment and an app for your smartphone that lets you view whats on the camera, control the camera, and even see what the camera is seeing from your smartphone. We are going to play with that this year in the production trailer.

I haven't tried it in really low light situations yet. Most of my rooms are lit via Darklight and I try to have a fairly good light where the cameras are located. This year I am mounting one on our tram, which will be very low lighting, so we will see how this works. I have thought about mounting a Darklight on the tram to light it up some, but we will see how it does.
            Travis "Big T" Russell
            President
            Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, deeply appreciated !

The haunt itself is mostly well lit..but I was hoping to get exit and parking lot scares as well where the lighting varies more. Mounting this on an roaming actor would be great..imagine if you could live feeds from it !

Comment

Working...
              X