Michigan Haunts - Beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Haunts - Beware

I was contacted last night by a reporter from the local university's student newspaper. I had sent promo materials from my haunt to the newspaper weeks earlier, so I assumed it was a follow-up call for an article about my haunt. Well, you know what they say about assuming... She asked me a variety of questions, but seemed fixated on a story I told about once being punched by a scared patron (when I was a haunt actor). Only at the END of the interview did she tell me she's doing a story about hazards, injuries, and deaths at haunted houses! Here I thought I was getting some publicity for my haunt, when in fact I was helping an anti-haunt news story! Once she told me the truth, I did my best to defend the industry, but I'm guessing those comments will end up meeting the "delete" button when the article is edited.

Being a student paper (though a large one, with popularity rivaling the local city paper), I imagine she is probably focusing on local Michigan haunted houses. That's why I'm making this post, to give a heads-up to anyone who is contacted by a reporter from Central Michigan Life (CMLife) newspaper out of Mount Pleasant, MI. They are doing a story on hazards, injuries, and deaths at haunted houses, not looking to do a positive piece about your haunt!
    Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Thanks...

I'll be waiting for that. We get a lot from CMU.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

So I found out AFTER my interview that the article was about accidents/violence/etc. in haunted houses. I was angry. Then the article comes out, and it's fairly pro haunt! I'm confused...

http://www.cm-life.com/article/2014/...-haunted-house
      Last edited by Dark Tiki Studios; 11-05-2014, 02:24 PM. Reason: Moved the second half to the more appropriate forum
      Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

Working...
      X