Venom VFX No prop delivered...no answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worked out I think...

Happened to see owner; Chris: post on facebook comment (saw him respond to a thing in haunt vendor review). We chatted and there will be a dropping flickering light waiting for me at Transworld and I drop off parts to one damaged in shipping.

Comment

Just FYI they contacted me again yesterday demanding that I remove this entire thread talking about how they're getting a lawyer after you or something.

They said they have reached out to you multiple times and you won't respond so I should remove this. If we're talking about the same company then they want your thread removed.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
        Just FYI they contacted me again yesterday demanding that I remove this entire thread talking about how they're getting a lawyer after you or something.

They said they have reached out to you multiple times and you won't respond so I should remove this. If we're talking about the same company then they want your thread removed.

Larry
        As I've mentioned in previous threads, I don't believe removing vendor reviews is the right thing to do. If the company wants to clear the air, suggest they get an account on here and state their side of the story or explain that things are fixed.

These forums are a great resource to do research on vendor ratings and credibility. Deleting this thread would be like sweeping things under the rug. Don't do it.
        Zach Wiechmann
        www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post

Larry
          Yea I am sure they tied multiple times to get in touch with him. If he speaks the truth about not getting his product or broken parts his lawyer can't do anything. Lawyers can't solve shitty customer service.
          Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

I stay pretty much in the shadows and even more so on disputes but I wanted to touch on two things in regards to this particular topic. First, four months ago I sent a message to VFX regarding the possibility of them doing a "custom" prop for me, I never received a response. Granted I was not out any money like some of you folks may be and for that I am sorry but over the years I have come up with a self imposed guideline of sorts which is, regardless of who I contact, if I do not hear back within a reasonable amount of time, I take that as a clue to possible or potential problems and I move on. Second, I agree with Zach from Front yard fright, this forum is a wonderful way for everyone to have insights to goings on which, "good or bad" can assist a buyers decision. Therefore, when a dilemma arises between a buyer and company, it should be a companies responsibility as well as their desire to clear the air and offer their side of the story, as opposed to simply wiping any negatives under the carpet by eliminating a thread that isn't in their favor. Just my two cents, I have no horse in this race but like you all, I am always disappointed to see, hear or read about a vendors shortcomings. I think VFX has some innovative ideas so I hope they can get their own house in order, sooner rather then later.

Comment

Take it down Larry

There is supposed to be a complete working (dropping with electric sound) light waiting for me in St. Louis; and I take back the pieces they shipped me after our season opened. If it isn't we will update forums then. Whenever contact was made immediately updated this thread; even when it was literally 40 minutes to opening our haunt on first night when I had a few other things to be doing.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

So, did you get the working light?
                Brett Hays, Director
                Fear Fair
                www.fearfair.com

Comment

Not yet....

They were going to take it to Transworld. But I got text or email that the guys forgot it and Chris was p----ed. But were going to send it to me as soon as Transworld was done. Well; I received shipments from Distortions and Frightprops already after show, but not the light that was rteady to go to the show at Transworld.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

I know it doesnt help you much WF, but they were one of the few booths that I didn't visit during TW. I didn't make it to Pappy's either though :-(

Comment

Someone should put out a website so non-season haunt owners know which vendors to trust. There are many vendors who have cheated haunts out of their money. I've seen reports on this very board so many times I can't count. Why are these vendors even allowed to continue at the Haunted House shows? Maybe Transworld should create a system to report this stuff.

Comment

Haunt Vendor Review

I don't know how much it helps, but there is a facebook group you can join to both share vendor experiences, and read about others experiences. It is called the haunt vendor review.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/764567573606370/
                        Kevin R. Alvey
                        info at gore-galore.com
                        www.gore-galore.com
                        www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                        www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                        www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Still nothing but a dozen more "I'll ship it"

Here it is time for Midwest. Of course I am busy farming and can't make it to Midwest. But stop by venom VFX booth and remind them to send the light to Wicked Farmer from 2016 order. Had many promises of delivery before and after Transworld of "going out in next shipment".

Wicked Farmer

Comment

They've really gave you the run around for that long? I'll be at Midwest Saturday I can remind them they still owe you a light

Comment

They are giving me headahces as well

All haunters and escape room owners STAY AWAY from this company, Venom VFX!! I wish I would have seen your post prior to Transworld wicked farmer. We purchased a couple lights from these guys as well as some escape room timer software and units. We were told they came with small screens they were demoing at Transworld only to be told later they were not part of the unit. Secondly we were told that we would be able to send video and picture clues through the software now we are told that is not possible! My wife and I specifically needed that capability and asked for it when we talked to them and we were promised that would not be a problem. The units came with absolutely no documentation or usage instructions as well, so very fly by night operation....definitely not professional in any way.

I requested the owner email me about this and that I wanted something done but of course you all know that never happened and I ended up fighting with their tech guy which was a total waste of time. Just do not give these guys anymore money until they get their act together. My businesses for one will NEVER order from them again.
                              Jeff Newcombe
                              Night Stalkers Haunted House
                              Saginaw, Mi.

Comment

Second year now without prop.

Had several assurances since transworld 2017 I would get this after ordering at Transworld 2016. A few years ago on forums I made comments how I love what Fright Props was doing picking up smaller prop makers and adding them to their catalog streamlining process so prop makers could focus on production; and Fright Props added this company. If Fright props still has them in catalog next year I will try that route. I am sure Fright Props doesn't have time to deal with things that are not delivered one year let alone 2 years. So; if they have better luck than I getting stuff we will go that way.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Working...
                                X