Going all out this year, help guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going all out this year, help guys

Hello, Haunt world forum! How it is very exciting to be here with you all!

Every year October 31st I turn my house into a haunted house for my kids and their friends to have a great experience. Last year we had me dressed in the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre costume" but looked like him himself and my wife played as a new face to be adding to my collection. The through out the house we had escape rooms and RPG rooms where you would have to complete tasks. Simply awesome. I have loved making my house "haunted" once a year, it's a little like Christmas when you get the decorations out.
    I actually used these fake bloody hands here https://www.easyprices.com/fashion/h...on-hands-cheap awesome and the kids were scared.

Anyway, this year I want to take it to the next level and like build a house inside my house, hear me out. I have been blessed with really high ceilings in most areas of my house so it won't be like a rat in a cage, although maybe not a bad idea.... I have been thinking that using plywood I could create some awesome rooms that are buildable (easily slot togeather inside the original room) and dismantleable to make life easier but at the same time making the rooms a lot better because the dismantleable rooms don't have to turn back into a house after so we can go all out on decoration. There will be a few picture below of the kind of ideas I am having but this is what I am stuck with, Ideas. I will have 5 rooms available to create these haunted rooms but I'm needing ideas of what to put inside.

I have seen videos on YouTube on how to set little tricks up like the lamp shade that falls over flickering lights etc but I want to go a step further but need pointing in the right direction by you guys. So if any of that made sense I am really looking forward to some replies and getting some great ideas out of you guys!!

Thanks
    Cheers
    Skål

escape1.jpg
    ht_salvagestylegravemrks6_101014_main.jpg
    acid-bath-monster.jpg

These are just some examples of what we have done and going to do but we need a wow factor!!
    Last edited by Joshaunting; 04-01-2017, 04:38 AM.

I can tell by the lack of replies you guys might not have a clue what I'm talking and what I'm trying to do. Last night I spent hours in a 3D builder to give you guys an idea of what I am looking to do and now I dont Know how to upload the file.?

Comment

But I did find this picture on Google... It is the kind of thing I'm thinking of doing. Making the haunted decoration separate to my house and then assemble when the time comes.

maxresdefault.jpg

Comment

Welcome to the Hauntworld Forums.

You'll typically find most posts on here regard the business/buying aspects of the haunted attraction industry and less about room designs and ideas. There's previous posts you may find, but more often than not you'll find most people here like to keep their ideas to themselves... It is, after all, a business and people may not want others necessarily using their ideas to profit.

With that said, there is an abundance of information on the web. As mentioned, YouTube is a fantastic resource where you can view guided tours of haunts and how-to videos. My friend Allen Hopps posts how-to videos on his YouTube page Stiltbeast Studios and is a great resource for those looking for ideas and insight.

You may also want to check out HauntForum.com or HalloweenForum.com as their user bases are much larger and more focused on the sharing of ideas, props, and costuming.

Hauntworld is a good resource when it comes to business, but you may want to check out those other forums for more idea-based posts.

Hope this helps some - Good luck!
        Zach Wiechmann
        www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Sorry I got the wrong impression of the forum guys and I completely understand that the sharing of ideas doesn't go around too much due to business and livelihood.

But I will deffo be checking out the link you've provided above!

Really appreciated the reply!!
          Thanks

Comment

http://www.halloweenforum.com/
            http://www.hauntforum.com/
            These 2 sites were awesome and have gave me some great ideas!! thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
            X