Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting styfoam

i have a few questions about styrafoam.

1) should i coat it with anything before painting? will regula home-depot paint work fine? i know i can't use aerosol spray paint but are there any other kinds i should stay away from?

2) i used screws, but is there a better way to attach the foam to a wooden board? i tried several types of glue and nothing would hold.

thanks!!

When painting directly onto styro use a latex based paint. Anything oil based will melt it. As for glues to use, I like Liquid Nails but I hear Gorilla Glue also works very well.

Comment

For sticking the foam to wood use liquid nails( the kind for foam board ) and put a good amount on the wood and foam, then put together. now you put screws in a few places thru the foam and into the wood, this acts as clamps. you can take them out when dry or leave them, ethier way the hole is to small to notice.
      Drew and Shane
      www.deadenddungeon.com

Comment

liquid nails for projects works great on the foam.
        Slash
        "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Stone Createtions spray paint can be used, it will do very little to no damage to the foam. I use it on my tomb stones, a cool paint that makes things look like stone.
          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Working...
          X