Tonight I got the "OK"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight I got the "OK"!

At the Mount Carroll city council meeting to erect directional signs, three of them, through town to help people to find The Ravens Grin.
    Once these are in place , the state of Illinois will erect two signs at the edge of town on rt. 64 and Mill St. to point people here.
    This is sort of the back way to my house but the major intersection at 78 & 64 is too full and busy for such signage. I'll take what they want to provide for me.
    I have to pay the state each year and buy my own signs to complete the route.
    To qualify within their program guidelines I had to be located in a rural area , a town of only 1,800 is considerd "rural", and be open for tourist business a certain number of days of the year(I'm open almost every night of the entire year AND alot of Sat. & Sun. afternoons too!)
    If the signs along 64 get destroyed or something the state will replace them at no cost to me, they said.
    I'm still thinking that the shortness of the sign posts won't allow the directions and message be picked up by the UFO's though.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Wow, congrats! That's awesome news, and hopefully it will help keep you busy!

-- I
    -------------------------------
    http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

That is indeed some great news.

It's almost like being "state certified".
      That is a little different than you being "certifiable"
      Thanks, Jeff
      www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
      www.HauntForum.com
      www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Hmmm- I wonder what an offical Ravens Grin sigh would go for on Ebay ?????

Comment

Well if "Grannies Berrys" can have a sign like this and the miniture train display(basement located) and I've only been here open almost every night of the year for going on 20 years, maybe I can have a sign?
          We always got a chuckle out of another rt 64 sign "Gobbler's Knob", more funny if you have a British knowledge of the terminology involved.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X