Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising Tactics?

Hey everyone,

Here is what im wondering, has anyone here tried painting a car or a van with the name of their haunt, date, time, and place? If so was it successfull for you? Me and my friend the other day were throwing around advertising ideas and he mentioned this. Im thinking its a good idea, i mean its not expensive to use that window paint that stores use and just spray up my truck and i would think it gets lots of exposure. But please whats everyone elses views on this?

Thanks!

-Zackary J

Well last year my haunt partner used that window paint on his car to advertise the haunt. I don't know how effective it was tho. Not all of it came his window too lol. I think the sun baked it on, you can still see it a little after washing it. You can try it out. I have seen a local haunted house here use magnet's to advertise their haunt as well. You can maybe give that a try.
    ~Bill Mlinac
    The Deadland Haunted House
    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
    www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Hmmmm alright thats a good idea, thanks Bill!

-Zackary J

Comment

Don't they usually do that with printed vinyl sheets and 'skin' the vehicle? Like with buses in the city, etc.
        Brett Hays, Director
        Fear Fair
        www.fearfair.com

Comment

Numbers Confuse People.

Just put open every Friday &Sat. night all October, or something like that?
          Mere numbers slip right by many people's awareness..
          You have to make it as EASY as possible for maximum effectiveness.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by bhays View Post
            Don't they usually do that with printed vinyl sheets and 'skin' the vehicle? Like with buses in the city, etc.
            I have no idea hahaha, could be. But those sound expensive...

Comment

If I remember correctly, Jim (Warfield) has also mentioned in a post a while back that his cars are the best advertising vehicle he has (pardon the pun, LOL).

Also, "sts" said something similar in a post just yesterday(?).

I would only caution that whatever you do, don't make it look trashy. If
              it's your *goal* to make it look trashy, then try to make it appear that
              you have done so on purpose.

Thanks,
              Sarah
              Sarah Meier
              Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
              "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Oh yes i quiet i agree Sarah, clean trashy is definetly the look i was trying to get hahaha. But no, if i do decide to advertise in that way then it will be clean cut and informative.

Comment

Art Car-Advertising Car

My present Spookmobile might look trashy and that is because all the hardware store paint faded (I really think all hardware store paint has been cheapened alot over the last few years.) and the vynl with the reptile pattern I glued to the hood and roof peeled and disintigrated pretty quickly(I knew that neat looking product was probably too good to be actually good.)
                  I do have new scraps of the reptile vynl to glue over the crapped out pieces making it look even more surreal and disgusting..but then nobody has Ever gone for that effect in Halloween type things now have they? hahahah!
                  The big reptile is just shedding!
                  Things do not always look the actual way that they are. The car looks old and crappy but I spent ALOT of money on all of it's mechaincals first so I would know I could make a parade and make it back home to open that night for tours.
                  Of course car show people hate my car because it shows too much non-Detroit thinking, whereas they just spent years and many thousands of dollars trying to exactly duplicate Detroit's work.
                  "Blasphemy!" They might say.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                  X