Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how you guys feel about todays job lost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how you guys feel about todays job lost?

well, as you know that we can't get away from it by seen the news paper, tv and other ways. do you guys feel like more people are going to apply at your haunt because they don't have a job at that time?

the haunt here hires about 100 actors and last year we got over 200 actors.

I feel like there are going to be more people going to apply at the haunts because lot of people got laid off or other thing like that.

what did you guys think??
    i think it's going to be the same
    28.57%
    i think more people going to apply for my haunt
    28.57%
    i think some people are not going to my haunt because of no money
    28.57%
    I don't know
    14.29%

The poll is expired.

it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

I've had one young male message me on myspace asking if we where hiring because he is looking for a part-time job to make some cash to support his girlfriend who just had a baby.
    ~Bill Mlinac
    The Deadland Haunted House
    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
    www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Im sure it will be about the same, as many factors are up as there are down, and the worse it is the more escapism comes into play.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

This year, Carowinds had 3500 people apply for the summer amusement park season. That's WAY up because of all the bank closures in the area. The result has been a better quality of seasonal help and a lot of older folks (middle aged) doing jobs I used to only see kids doing. (my observation only)

I'm going to assume that there will be an increase in applications for the 400 jobs we're looking for, but I think many of them will get weeded out early due to not really knowing what goes into this job. I know one person in HR who told me that they are already getting a lot of online applications and is a bit nervous about how many will come to the job fairs...
        http://www.bigscaryshow.com
        http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

last fall..

We had something different happening here. Adults, middle aged people wanting to work here..for the money, not the thrill or for the love of it all.
          We pay $10.oo an hour and most of these people never came back after we showed and told them what they had to do.??
          Shy? Insecure? Can't face "people"? Lazy? This is not a terribly difficult task here for the hired help.
          Go figure?
          Then again this is a haunted, haunted house and this has cost me some good employees in the past.
          I have learned to inquire about their feelings concerning supernatural occurrences....
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I heard the Comic Con just sold out this year faster than any other year, despite the falling economy. So perhaps that bodes well for us. Young adults want a way to escape the stress or reality, and what better way than comic books and haunted houses? (A comic book about a haunted house would probably do twice as well.) So we're going full bore for this year. We were up 10% last year although the election had everyone saying we were already in a depression.
            www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Working...
            X