Craziest Story I've Ever Read.... Read On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craziest Story I've Ever Read.... Read On

Apparently a police officer pulled a gun on a haunted house actor because he was chasing customers to their cars with chainsaws with no blades. The haunt was at a mall... so I guess the cop thought it was someone trying to kill someone.

Read the article here...

http://www.abc2news.com/news/local/s...w.cspx?rss=702
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Here is another link to it now saying the cop was arrested... he was the one being scared this article claims and hints the cop might have been drunk I don't know. Read the article but an actor had a gun pulled on them that is truely scary!

Larry

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...tory?track=rss
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

I dont know whats crazier the cop pulling the gun on the actor or implying the cop was afraid. I went there this past weekend and to be nice it was the worse haunt ever. I was told not to go its not worth the 2.5 hour trip but I went anyway and I've seen better scenes and characters in people's front yards that they leave up all month long. What a disgrace. This is an example of a place that hurts all of us in this industry its obvious they do not care about quality thats for sure....

Also, the cop sounds like a complete moron or its the first haunted houses he's ever been too everyone knows what the ending is before entering...

Darkangel Dawn

Comment

Damn that is really ****ed up!!! What a coward! This sounds like what some local cops or local excops would pull in this town! Thank god the actor wasnt shot or fatally wounded. I mean with the cops daughter pulling on his arm its a wonder it didnt pull the trigger. Maybe the idiot maybe had the safety on it? But if he is that much of a chicken I highly doubt it. I hope they hang his ass and throw the badge and key away!!!
        Damon
        Damon Carson

Comment

I've said this before, but I strongly suggest that anyone operating a haunted attraction invest in some kind of camera surveillance system. Randy Bates suggested the idea to me a few years ago and it's still one of the best investments we ever made.

No, we haven't had anyone pull out a loaded gun - but we have had incidents with drunks, inappropriate reactions to actors, and even attempted theft ... and all of it was caught, documented, and burned to dvd for evidence in legal action.

You can purchase a 16 camera infra-red system with hard-drive recording and dvd/external drive back-up for about the price of one modest animation. Besides safety, it's also a fantastic way to monitor through-put through your attraction
          Scott Simmons
          The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
          http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

Here is another link to another story about it this article shows a picture of the haunted house... I would have to admit that is one horrible sign.

http://www.abc2news.com/news/local/s...w.cspx?rss=702
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Cops and guns

I have to admit, I have been guilty of making cops reach for their guns. That would be the cops pulling the security detail at haunts that I have worked. Notice I said" reach for", not pull. They must "reach" out of instinct. But to pull a gun on an actor....now that my friends is bullshit!

Comment

Im pretty sure this is a discussion about safety, proper behavior in a haunted house, and customer reactions. Bashing their haunt does not seem to be nessacary. Some haunts have smaller budgets than others, even more so now because of the rescession, they may not be able to be as impressive as other haunts out there but thats no reason to bash them. Calling them the worst haunt ever is harsh.

Jackie
                Rotting Flesh Radio
                “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Comment

Jackie,

I understand what you are saying and usually I agree. But for $20 would you be happy to see child actors act like they are fighting, only props were mannequin parts, and Dollar Store stretchy spider webs stetched over broken left behind store fixtures in EVERY scene? When you advertise its the best and scariest haunt you'll see this year and that its spine tingling and then you have absolutely NO BUDGET, its not right. Maybe the cop was angry because of the rip off it was?

Small budgets are fine, but your marketing should reflect that. They apparently had NO budget, they would have been far better if they EVEN had a small budget....The walls were not even painted!!!! and the "camp crystal lake" scene was a bridge over water without the water, and no attempt to hide the ceiling, pillars, walls and floors were made so it was clearly a big open room and the hand rail was falling down into the dry "lake" bed....WOW!

Darkangel

Comment

Maybe the cop just didn't like the haunt either and was making a critical opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X