Distortions Grandma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distortions Grandma

For those of you who bought this cool (and inexpensive) animation this year, how have your customers been reactiong to it? Do they like it or Hate it? Also, is there anything you don't like about this animation? My only complaint is the speech that comes with it is more funny than scary.

The only problem we've had with her is that her rocking chair gets rocking too much and she starts sliding closer and closer to the walkway. We really only just need to either put her in a regular chair or just secure the rocking chair. Other than that, she's been great, the customers have loved her. Great prop at a great price.
    Mike Quill
    Fear Town Haunted House

Comment

Originally posted by mikeq91 View Post
      The only problem we've had with her is that her rocking chair gets rocking too much and she starts sliding closer and closer to the walkway. We really only just need to either put her in a regular chair or just secure the rocking chair. Other than that, she's been great, the customers have loved her. Great prop at a great price.
      We had the same problem, people really thought she was a real person a 40 year old ran from her screaming. My wife thinks she do better in a glider.

Andrew

Comment

We have ours in a wheelchair in an old living room scene. Its dimly lit, but she really stands out in the room.

We would have patrons stare at her for 10 or 20 seconds sometimes, trying to figure out if shes real or not. And she's a great distraction for our actor!!

The only complaint is that the cd doesnt sound that great to me. But she does just fine without any audio.

Deffinately worth the money!!!
        Brad Bowen
        Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
        www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Hey Brad!

What kind of audio do you use for Grnadma? I agree with you about the current cd for her not being very scary. I had them send me the first CD that was done by a local woman in Greely. IMHO Its better than the professional CD that they now include. Anyone else use a different soundtrack for Grandma?

Comment

She's worked out great for us too! People are completely freaked out by her! When we asked our SBA Loan Officer what he liked the best out of all our changes and enhancements this year, he immediately said he loved the granny in the rocker! She definitely is a great distraction and she really creeps people out! Great value and investment!

Kel
            sigpic
            Kelly Allen
            Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
            www.RaycliffManor.com
            www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
            www.HauntBook.com

Comment

rockin granny

I have one of these rocking grannies. i think its a great looking prop. I'm not sure if its just mine or all of them but mine has a very audible hum to the motor that kind of kills the illusion. hope to drown it out with other audio.
              sigpic
              Damon Wilde
              www.damonwilde.com
              www.theboneyardfl.com

Comment

Skullman, I just now saw your response. We chose not to use any audio at all last year. There really wasn't any ambient sound in the room either. I felt like the silence in the room was better than having any speaking audio.

I thought about having a mic setup for the actor in the room, which is hidden and can't be seen. Having the speaker mounted next to the granny, the actor can talk to individual patrons to increase the scare effect in the room. We'll test it out soon and see how it works.
                Brad Bowen
                Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

grandma noise

how do you have a silent room with the grandma making so much noise from the rocking motor going on?
                  sigpic
                  Damon Wilde
                  www.damonwilde.com
                  www.theboneyardfl.com

Comment

Damon,

We have rocking Grandma in our living room scene. With all the sounds going on, (ambiant music, actors screaming, other animations going, the Grandma soundtrack, etc.), you can't hear the motor at all. It really doesn't take much to drown out the motor sound. Like I think I've mentioned before, of all the props and animations we have, some costing far more than the rocking Granny, she's still one of the things we hear people talk about the most.

Kel
                    sigpic
                    Kelly Allen
                    www.RaycliffManor.com
                    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

I posed mine with a blueish-purple zombie baby in her arms, so it looks like she is rocking it... I got a lot of "sick and just wrong" comments. lol
                      Jim Shackelford, Co-Owner
                      Haunt 2013, LLC
                      and
                      The House of Boo
                      Dallas, TX
                      www.haunt2013.com
                      www.thehouseofboo.com

Comment

We just used a different audio track that went with our story line.
                        LIke others she REALLY rocked...moved acrossed the floor.

Solved that by plugging her into a variac control, a speed control for
                        routers and other power tools. Now you just dial it down to where
                        she rocks, but doesn't rock away!!!
                        R&J Productions
                        Las Vegas, NV
                        www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Ha! Rich, I had completely forgotten about our traveling Granny! The first time we got her going we left to work on other rooms. We came back later and she had moved amost completely out of the Living Room and into the Dining Room entry! We now have bungees attached to the rocking chair keep her from traveling. LOL

Kel
                          sigpic
                          Kelly Allen
                          www.RaycliffManor.com
                          www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Working...
                          X