what do you guys think of this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you guys think of this??

i seen a movie/doc. about hell houses and how they show "real life" and how you could go to hell for it. like in this way. if you are gay and you get aids you go to hell. OR if you drink and drive you die and go to hell. and etc, etc, etc...i myself never been to one in my life but like to go to one to see what it is like. do you guys think it's a good idea to have this tipe of "haunted houses"?

in my belief is that don't scare them in to what you believe in...

all in all.. is this there is the good and the bad in this..

the good i see is that how well they put time and hard work to make a good haunted house.

the bad is they try to make you believe that every thing is wrong and believing in god is the right way to go.

be- lie -ve in god is ok for me but don't put down in my mouth. thanks..

i do believe in some thing but i am not saying..

what do you guys think of this???

HG
    it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

I forget what the one around here is called, but I think it's something like "Damnation house".. It's put on by a local church, so I'm a bit hesitant to say anything about it, because they obviously have their own agenda in mind.

I think that pushing your own ideals onto others by way of an attraction or event of any kind is akin to propaganda, though. But I'm keeping my personal religious and spiritual beliefs out of this, for the sake of less arguments. The only thing I'll say is that I'm not an Atheist..

Now, if it's a good show, it's a good show, period. What the customer takes home with him or her from that type of event is up to them. But I won't go to another one of these, for fear of laughing at their beliefs inadvertantly, and offending them. Plus, it's more of a "thinking" type scare, like what you would find in a deep, existential movie. Not my cup of tea. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Your welcome to open any kind of attraction you want, but your asking for controversy if you go this route. Hell houses were more popular in the 70's and seem to have died off for the most part, so it would also be hard to have people understand what it is before they go to it expecting a regular haunted house. I forget which attraction it was, but on one of the Travel Channel shows they had a haunt that did a "7 deadly sins" theme, which more or less was the same thing, but it totally avoids religion which would be the main source of problems. I thought it was an interesting concept and it seemed to work out for them, as it did bring in more realism. But as far as mixing religion with an attraction, I myself would avoid it.
      Mike Quill
      Fear Town Haunted House

Comment

One thing's for sure, hell houses don't really compete with haunted houses. It's a different group of folks who don't generally visit haunts. We had one here in Tallahassee and a caller phoned to complain that our $10 ticket (for a 12,000 sq. foot haunt) was too high and he was going to go the Hell House for just $5. I said, "By all means, check it out. It's a church run event, and if you like it alot, call me back and I'll go see it too." I don't know if he actually went after that, but he didn't call me back.
        www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

The Complaints I have Heard

1 False Advertising(Or just neglecting to say what they really are?)
          2 Being held "Prisoner" (Cults do this all the time)
          3 VERY gross and deeply disturbing images and displays that young children should not have sprung upon them= Mad Parents!

4 Wrapping onesself in "religion" and pretending to be above it all doesnot buy anyone the freedom to do whatever they want to do to others. (like discharging a real shotgun inside a crowded meat cooler without warning, a deafening experience, stopped from happening again by the County Sherriff.
          Using rotted meat for display and smell, stopped from continuing by the Fed. Food & Drug people.)
          5 Preaching, recruiting when very few of the customers came looking for this.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hey JIMBO[...

QUOTE=Jim Warfield;79917]

"1 False Advertising"

...So called "Haunts" do this all the time

"2 Being held "Prisoner" (Cults do this all the time)'

...Have you ever been to a haunt in Niagara Falls Jim?

"3 VERY gross and deeply disturbing images and displays that young children should not have sprung upon them= Mad Parents!'

...Yeah, It's only the church groups that hoist this stuff upon the masses (Sarcasm )

'4 Wrapping onesself in "religion" and pretending to be above it all doesnot buy anyone the freedom to do whatever they want to do to others. (like discharging a real shotgun inside a crowded meat cooler without warning, a deafening experience, stopped from happening again by the County Sherriff."

Hey Jim,

I know you read the forums so...
            why are you blaming this stuff on the church groups? I would hope you will conclude via a quick read of the recent forum news that most of these gun incidents have nothing to do with "religion" at all.

" Using rotted meat for display and smell, stopped from continuing by the Fed. Food & Drug people.)"

I personally have been to several non church related haunts that have used real offal in their presentations.

"5 Preaching, recruiting when very few of the customers came looking for

this."[/QUOTE]

Jim ,

How do you know what these people came looking for?

Not trying to piss you off but seriously,

I am a Christian and it's OK if you don't agree but do you have to blame everything on those you don't agree with?

No hard feelings and I'm praying for you Jim,

Peace & Pumpkins...

Tom
            www.HauntedOverload.com

Comment

It's Not Just Me.

A man who has seen more haunted houses than probably ANYBODY toured the country seeing as many haunts as humanly possible and these were his observations, and I believe him, going by the hell house closest to me and the first-hand accounts and complaints their customers and the newspaper in that town talked about.
              Turn a blind-eye if you wish......
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X