Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you want... Vendors pay attention!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malicious,
    EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW,
    Please keep your secret places secret.
    But thanks for the props. Big time!

And Kip,
    I also loved the asylum door. One of the most innovative combinations of technology to come out in years.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Nick,

Lighted exit signs! can we make this low voltage? also can we think of unique alternatives to putting 20-40 $80 lighted signs in the house?
      These are the exact type of products we are working on.
      Ken
      www.boocrewproduction.com

Comment

One thing I'd like to see is more "sets" of props over individual items. Sure, many people will still just buy a single prop, but having a line of similar props seems to make a ton of sense. On the vendor side, it lets you reuse some of your work to get more products out of it, and on the haunt side, it allow you to build around a set of props where the whole is more than the sum of the parts.

Scarefactory had an excellent example last year of what I'm talking about with their vampire bat series.

VMP702 - Static Vampire Bat
        VMP703 - Feasting Vampire Bat
        VMP704 - Leaping Vampire Bat
        VMPCostume -Vampire Bat Costume

Using this collection of props, you could actually use the same character or group of characters throughout the haunt, sometimes appearing as a static, sometimes in the guise of a costumed actor, and sometimes as an animatronic. It would be very easy to base around this, possibly using a more "human" actor to start things, using a pepper's ghost effect and the static bat prop to do a transformation part way through the haunt, and then use the animatronics and costumes from that point forward for more appearances.

I've seen a number of animatronics that could be greatly supported by having additional offerings around them to make them the basis of a story instead of a random prop in a haunt.

I know this is specific to one vendor, but I can use Pale Night Productions as an example. The "licker" prop was on my mind after spending some time with Kip and seeing the licker in use at Netherworld this weekend. (Not trying to pick on Kip either, his props were just an inspiration for the example.)

Currently, two versions of the licker are offered without consulting for custom props. One is a standing version, and one is an overhead hanging version. What if the line was expanded to offer static versions and licker masks, so that actors playing the same part could be added to the animatronics. How about animated licker tounges that could be either worn (as if the toungue had gone through the actor and impaled them) or placed with props or walls like it had come through. What if the asylum door was offered with alternate digital effects with a licker bashing the door instead of a ghoulish inmate? With a few more supporting props around the one already available, a haunt could be completely themed for an alien invasion with lickers playing the parts of the aliens.

I'm sure similar things could be done around many other props out there.
        sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Working...
        X