renewing the passion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renewing the passion

this year started off like it has been for the last 4 yrs. Me playing leatherface.(sigh). It was the worst I hated doing a movie character and all of you know how boring and unoriginal they are. Then somthing happened and I was asked to fill in a spot at our carnevil haunt as a clown. I no, cliché and over done however this fit me so well. I felt rejuvinated and felt free to imagin not to mention winning best haunted and being part of the group for best haunt. I loved it so much I started teaching myself to juggle to hopfully be able to juggle knives and fire next season( I have a teacher for this LOL). Have you been through this are seen your actors go though being miserable to a new actor?
    Tim McCall

Sat. in October..

We open at 2 in the afternoon, go til 5 (if we can stop at 5, doesn't always happen) go again from 7 pm to 12 midnight (but it's always later)
    I did 29? Front room routines that day, each from 10 to 15 minutes long.
    I try to impress, inform and set the tone/mood for what the customers will be experiencing for the next 60plus minutes they will be in the house.
    But I have So Much to say!
    I could probably talk in the first room for 2 1/2 hours, not repeating myself, this house has quite a haunted history (Actually haunted), but I also need to simply entertain people..so I find myself almost unconsciously "Cherry-Picking" from the wealth of items and subjects I have spoken of in the past.
    Sometimes I will surprise myself with the choices I make and equally surprised at the customer's reactions (all good and they laugh alot)
    Sometimes I sound like an auctioneer, talking very quickly.
    For maximum effect I must speak slowly, allowing timed intervals, no matter how short, for words to sink in, anticipation to manifest itself, ex cetra and thereby become a memory bank deposit, drawing intrest as time goes by, forcing them to tell others about this place and cajolling others into making the trip here!
    Yes, it has all just been a plot, and it has been working here for all of these long years now.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

thanks for replying. I was starting to thinks Boone liked me here LOL. Sounds like you thoroughly enjoy what you do

Timmy
      Tim McCall

Comment

we try to swap actors around a few times a season, to try to keep them fresh. 4th weekend we had 80% of the set actors in new places and even new characters. and it was a great show. always seems good to see what a new voice can add to a part that I as an owner think is all done and set.
        Gravely MacCabre
        aka Ricky Dick
        Castle Blood Haunted Adventure Tour
        and
        Midnight Monster Hop
        Horror Host Show

Beallsville, PA 15313
        www.castleblood.com
        www.midnightmonsterhop.com
        www.myspace.com/midnightmonsterhop.com

Media Director for National Halloween Convention

http://www.halloweenshow.com
        Lifetime achievement award winner
        International Costumers Guild

Comment

I've heard how good castle blood is. I'm also in pa. I work at the valley of fear. Swaping actors seem to be the smart thing to do but it never gets done at my haunt. Id personaly love to do something new everynite bit I find myself emersed in this new role and um not gonna lie. I'm excited
          Tim McCall

Comment

I've heard how good castle blood is. I'm also in pa. I work at the valley of fear. Swaping actors seem to be the smart thing to do but it never gets done at my haunt. Id personaly love to do something new everynite bit I find myself emersed in this new role and um not gonna lie. I'm excited

Timmy
            Tim McCall

Comment

Change can be bad, too...

At the haunt I worked at this year, I played the same character all season and enjoyed it. I had several phrases that I would rotate through to make it different. But...

They switched around the other actors a LOT. I can see where this would give "freshness" to a character, but it seemed more like the actors were confused and didn't know what to do in their new role. The management didn't seem to explain the character, and we had guys in the cemetery begging for a chainsaw because they didn't know how else to scare.

I can see a benefit to changing roles from one season to the next (with training), but they switched from one night to the next (with no training) and I don't think it improved anything doing it that way.

Comment

Working...
              X