• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwest Haunters Convention 2010

MHC 2010 - New Look, Same Great Show
    December 4, 2009

New Website and Registration System
    MHC partners provide improved features

The Midwest Haunters Convention is pleased to announce two new partnerships. The first is Chad Savage and Sinister Visions. Many of you a aware of the great work Chad has done and he has once again created a great looking website for MHC! Please visit www.midwesthauntersconvention.com and take a look and visit www.sinistervisions.com for more information.

With the new website comes a new registration system. MHC is happy to welcome TicketLeap as our Official Ticketing Provider! TicketLeap will provide our guests with many benefits including the ability to register for MHC at online prices up to and during the show. Once there everyone will enjoy a much quicker check in process thanks to TicketLeap's online system. Check out the registration link on our website and visit www.ticketleap.com to learn more.

Vendor Registration Open
    Reserve early for best selection!

MHC Vendor tradeshow registration is now open. You can view the floor plan on our
    website at http://midwestshow.com/tradeshow/tradeshow-floorplan/. For 2010 MHC will continue to offer some of the lowest rates in the industry. We are also bringing back a limited number of tabletops for those of you who do not need a full sized booth. Please email Barry Schieferstein (barry@midwesthaunters.com) or call 614-361-1466 for a registration packet and pricing information.

Cleveland or bust!
    MHC bus tour heads North in 2010

The 2010 MHC Bus Tour promises to be one of the best ever! We will be heading North to Cleveland Ohio to see a number of haunts each offering a different style and venue of haunting. Plan on joining us for this jam-packed two day bus tour on June 2nd and 3rd, 2010. More details coming soon!!

Midwest Haunters Convention
    The Midwest Haunters Convention is for Haunted Attraction Producers, Actors, Artists and Home Haunters. Our goal is to provide educational seminars and workshops with experienced presenters, a 75+ vendor tradeshow with the latest in haunt offerings, and a place to network with others in the industry during our unique social activities. We’ll offer 1st class haunted attraction bus tours, costume parties and contests (the Bloody Mary Monster Makeup Wars competition, Ms Midwest Scary Pageant & the IAHA Scariest Character Contest). “Haunters” are always welcome here!

For More Information
    Please visit www.MidwestHauntersConvention.com or contact Barry
    Schieferstein at barry@midwesthaunters.com or 614-361-1466

I can't wait Barry! You and the rest of the MHC team are to be commended for putting together such a professional convention while maintaining an atmosphere that is supportive of the passion we all share! MHC is great for so many reasons, relaxed and comfortable networking, great learning opportunities, outstanding vendors with good vendor face time, incredibly fun events, and the list goes on and on! Like I said after the last MHC, I wish I hadn't waited so long to attend and you guys rock for the insane amount of time and finances you invest to make MHC a reality! Barry, Kathy, Kelly and Neena, the haunt blood runs thick in your veins and it is greatly appreciated!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

We CANNOT wait for MHC! We're bringing an even bigger crew than we did last year... SO EXCITED!!! -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

We cannot wait for MHC! It is our favorite convention each year!
        Katie Lane
        Partner/VP
        Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
        sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Can. Not. Wait.
          Kirk Boemmel
          Dark Ghost Manor
          www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Damn, oncve again gonna have to miss the fun Wed and Thurs due to my greedy agent boooking me to do a hypnosis show that Thurs. Oh well, save some booze for me when I fly in on Friday...
            www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Gearing up....

Hope to have a booth for the show in 2010... I found the registrations update but no registration info on the site. ( Barry ) Did I miss it ?? I know its 450.00 a 10x10 booth and I think 20% off if reserved by Dec 22 ?? but dont see where you can register and send payment....

( I ADMIT IT....lol.... I AM BLIND TOO )
              "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
              www.maliciousstudios.com
              "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
              http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

No, you are not blind. LOL I have not had a chance to upload the vendor packet to the website. I have emailed it to you.

If anyone else would like a vendor packet please send me an email to Barry@midwesthaunters.com.

And Thanks to all of you for the great comments! That is the real reason we do the show

Comment

i'm looking forward to it as well! Had a blast at the last few & am looking forward to seeing what the bus tour line up will be..
                  Is there a code for reserving hotel rooms yet? Or do you have to just call & let them know you are with the con?
                  missjayne
                  Netherworld Haunted Attractions
                  http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Hotels

I know this much.... wife and I wanted to stay at "THE LOFTS" thought it would be different... ( not our thing ) not bad.... but its back to the Hyatt for us... we were more comfortable there !!

Barry ~ will there be a garage type sale at the end of the convention
                    ( i.e. Sunday ? ) Im always in favor of a sale... it helps clean stuff out and customers get great deals

I know other conventions have had them I asked about one last year at MHC but I guess it didnt happen.
                    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
                    www.maliciousstudios.com
                    "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
                    http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Banshee - I will have the Hyatt set up a registration page ASAP and post it to the website. Until then you can call the local number and register that way.

Brian - no, we do not do a garage sale. However, because of the timing of our show, and our cash-and-carry reputation, many vendors use MHC as a way to blow out inventory. The concept of a garage sale has positives and negatives. A lot of vendors do not like them because people put off buying in hopes of scoring a better deal at the end of the show.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the 2010 show too. I'm especially excited for another 2 day pre-show tour.

I've been on the pre-tour trips for the past 2 years and not only do you see some great haunts with dedicated staff running a show in June, but you get to hang out with a ton of other haunters, designers, and owners the whole time. Fun times! Every other industry you would drop a couple hundred on that oppertunity for 45 min at a lunch.
                        J. F. Storm

Highland Farm's
                        Trails To Terror
                        Wakefield, RI

http://www.trailstoterror.com/

http://www.hauntminute.com

http://www.bigscaryshow.com

Comment

As promised, here is the link for reserving rooms:

https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do...ventID=1560117

Comment

Working...